Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I’m finally getting ready to lay some paint down in the van. I have a hvlp gun, and want to use a paint product that is durable and a professional, smooth finish.

Question for anyone who sprayed their cabinets/walls: what paint/primer did you use? Any general recommendations? Just picked up my hvlp, experimenting with it-completely new to using a hvlp and wondering what to use in the gun. Researching elsewhere too but thought some of you might have some recs. Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
In the fall I painted my (house) kitchen cabinets. After doing some research, one of the product that kept coming up was Benjamin Moore & Co-Insl-X

Although per the instructions it was not recommended for the HVLP; after I tracked down a local expert he said no problem - just add 6-8 oz. of water per gallon. I did and it worked very well.

Also, no primer is needed, you will be spraying several coats. I was told no primer is as hard as this paint.

Came out very well....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the fall I painted my (house) kitchen cabinets. After doing some research, one of the product that kept coming up was Benjamin Moore & Co-Insl-X

Although per the instructions it was not recommended for the HVLP; after I tracked down a local expert he said no problem - just add 6-8 oz. of water per gallon. I did and it worked very well.

Also, no primer is needed, you will be spraying several coats. I was told no primer is as hard as this paint.

Came out very well....
Ha! I went to my local paint store and spoke with someone very experienced, and before even seeing this I've picked up that exact product! Interesting re: primer, that's good to know. Cheers

·
Registered
70 Posts
I shot satin conversion varnish with a pigmented vinyl sealer. Cures fast, hard, and after its cured, it shrugs off chemicals like acetone or lacquer thinner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts