Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
This is rare so keep us up on it. Not the first turbo boost issue as a couple turbos got changed out on newer vans but not at those miles AFAIK.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mine came on around 2,500 miles. Went off within 3 days. I now have another 1000 miles on it and it hasn't resurfaced. Honestly, when it came on I didn't notice any discernible difference in power delivery. Hopefully it's a non issue....I'll mention it to the dealer when I take the van in for the ignition recall and paint job.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
obd code P0047 TURBO BOOST CONTROL light on at 13,000 miles.
P0047 code has been fixed as with most Pro's it was the wires. They did a bcm update witch I think is standard so all things are talking the same language. Did all the TSA's mostly locks and latches. Also I get new front speakers(on order).
So I get in the truck and a light comes on that is new to me, back to the office, they tell me that it is normal and I should read the OOM. Well in 15000 miles I have never seen that light on and I don't have my OOM, I say. It was the Regen light. I'll post in a regen thread later.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
That is interesting as I have never sen the Regen light even thou the van does a regen occasionally. We heard from a few owners very early on about his light but I think it is not "normal". BTW if I come to a stop and i hear the fans indicating a regen I drive until it is over usual 5-10 minutes.
Here is the place to get the diesel owners manual:
http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/owners/manuals/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts