Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't bothered my local Ram dealer yet for taking more detailed looks at clearances under the hood and specific item placement, but what are your thoughts of ease in which one can service the engine and driveline in this vehicle? Yes, I noticed there's no transmission dipstick, and the use of headlamp bulbs with only a 250hr service life is just a PITA.

From the pics, the lack of space between the firewall and the rear cylinder head makes me a little nervous, for unless one can gain access from above and below to say change plugs @ 100k miles (hope they're not seized!), than that would leave me to think that perhaps one must separate the engine and powertrain from the chassie via subframe separation (if so designed). Haven't gotten that far into studying the layout because I'm not yet sure about pulling the trigger and making a purchase.

Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was wondering about this also. However it did not stop me from buying one.I will cross that bridge when I get to it

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Get a service manual .It helps you from second guessing .
I have one and it helps alot in any procedure. Step by step instructions.
I think I paid around 100 bucks or so.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would like to get one also. Would u please tell me where u got it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
that is the best investment someone can make, in most cases you make back your money from it with the first job you do since you're not paying someone some high labor rate.

·
Super Moderator
8,371 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if you search long enough that you'll locate it online, for free, in PDF format.

It took a while but all that info is now available,for free, online for the Sprinter no reason the Promaster/Ducatto should be any different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts