Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what to expect from the "Oversize Vehicle" status that the promaster should get rated as. I see signs posted in California now saying "no parking of oversize vehicles. Wondering if anyone has any issues, fees, or hassles yet. Please reply.:|

·
Registered
424 Posts
Unless you have some sort of exceptional situation, a ProMaster should not be legally classified as "oversize".

Legal classification of oversize here - and I realize that "here" is not "there" but a lot of these rules are similar across North America - means overall width beyond 2.6 m (102"), or overall height beyond 4.15 m, or overall length beyond 12.5 m except trailer combinations which are allowed a greater length that varies depending on a multitude of factors. http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_90h08_e.htm#BK172

If you are dealing with a city by-law of some sort, you had better read the actual text of that by-law in case someone has a different idea of what constitutes "oversize".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless you have some sort of exceptional situation, a ProMaster should not be legally classified as "oversize".

Legal classification of oversize here - and I realize that "here" is not "there" but a lot of these rules are similar across North America - means overall width beyond 2.6 m (102"), or overall height beyond 4.15 m, or overall length beyond 12.5 m except trailer combinations which are allowed a greater length that varies depending on a multitude of factors. http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_90h08_e.htm#BK172

If you are dealing with a city by-law of some sort, you had better read the actual text of that by-law in case someone has a different idea of what constitutes "oversize".
Yes the city bylaw has the promaster height out of its allowable range.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You say that it is city law though, so I think that you'd have to look up your local bylaws. I don't think the Promaster falls into that category under any federal or state law.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have not seen any signs like that here in Colorado. I work in Boulder a lot where you might expect to see signs like that. On the other hand there are a lot of places that my ProMadter doesn't fit. I don't need a sign to tell me that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts