Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Phil, that must be the pic I saw and had in my head. I think it's the only pic in the universe with that section of a HR promaster, stripped down to the bone.
And of course you found it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My husb removed the FORWARD STORAGE SHELF according to the label w/out any problem. We have a 2015 Promaster 2500. But how the heck do you get the shelf back in place? We tried for a while but finally came in to look up HOW. No luck. What's the answer?

update - By the time I got back outside, he had it back in place. Still there must be a simple answer to this or is it like my ink cartridges ... sometimes I just have to fiddle w/ them for a while before they slip into place.

11-21-20 -- further update -- Turns out he didn't get it completely in & has a bunch of screws that don't line up. I looked for picture thinking I had taken one but apparently not. I will add one a.s.a.p.

·
Registered
638 Posts
There are some general pictures of the headliner construction here, but nothing specific to the shelf:

As I remember, removing the shelf just involved a lot of screws into the headliner.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are some general pictures of the headliner construction here, but nothing specific to the shelf:

As I remember, removing the shelf just involved a lot of screws into the headliner.
The pictures in the link are not like ours. We have an extra shelf below the headliner that won't go back in properly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took pics this afternoon of the shelf in question. The light in the middle of shelf has not been replaced yet. Neither has the screws holding up the passenger side of shelf.

Question not to do w/ this ... Why do I have "warning" that my posts may be deleted if I don't fill out Introductory Post. I haven't found any place to do that.

shelf-1.JPG

shelf-2.JPG

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
The pictures in the link are not like ours. We have an extra shelf below the headliner that won't go back in properly.
What is the problem exactly? I recall starting all the screws before tightening. Are you trying to install screws in the visor cut outs without the visors?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Husb took the shelf down looking for a leak that dripped onto the passenger seat. After removing all the screws, he thinks he had to push the shelf toward the windshield to get it out. This all happened about 3 wks ago so his memory is a little fuzzy. When he tried to put it back, it wouldn't slip into place. It's close but not where it belongs. Until it is, none of the screws will go back in properly. The problem seems to be that it doesn't line up w/ a bracket in the middle next to the windshield. This is probably the same thing that prevented the shelf from being removed easily.

·
Super Moderator
9,480 Posts
Well, Suellen I am the only one responsible. The link is there, it’s just not clickable because the forum software for warnings strips all the html out. In the past instead of warnings from the forum software (over which I have no control) I would post the same message (with the working link in the body of new members posts) but long time members seem to prefer the forum warning method over my method. I’m continually modifying and updating the warning and may decide to use another form at any time. If you have any suggestion feel free to PM with them.

Here is the warning before it goes thru the forum software. It is there.

All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules.

"Promasterforum.com Introduction Section "

Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.

·
Super Moderator
9,480 Posts
Have you considered that the best place for the link about posting an Introduction is WHEN a person registers? If it had been there, I would have done it immediately. I don't recall seeing anything there. It could be something that the Registration process won't by-pass ... just like entering name or whatever.
Thats how it always was but when the forum software was "upgraded" a while ago, somehow that feature got "lost". I have no control over the software and I have pointed it out to the Administrators but they tell me they do not have the power to fixit either. The owners of this site own thousands of similar sites and they all use the same software. I’m sure you’ve gone to other sites and thought to yourself "That looks just like the Promaster Forum."

I would say that probably over 50% of new members make the required introductory post when they join automatically, a few always refuse to for some unknown reason and I ban them and the rest are in such a hurry to join Thant they just don’t bother to read all the details concerning the forum.

Reactions: RV8R

·
Registered
11 Posts
This has been informative regarding the ins & outs of posting on here, but can we get back to how to get that shelf back in place? It seems to be one of the following: figure it out here, continue to work on it on our own, or have a body shop experienced in such things put it back & charge us. Problem is, there doesn't seem to be a shop that will work on a Promaster van where we live -- northern Michigan. We checked around while trying to decide how best to go about having windows put in the back doors.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Take a few pictures to show us what doesn't fit or where the problem is. I had mine down twice but I don't recall every detail. We can figure it out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The pics were posted already but now they're on pg 2 so here they are again.

As I stated, my husb removed this shelf unit to find a leak over the passenger seat. He had to push it toward the windshield to get it out but now it won't go back in place properly. I can't find anything online about how to get it back. He put a few of the longer screws in passenger side to hold it up but the shorter screws is what came out. The visor hasn't been put back in yet because of the inability to get the shelf in. The center lights are also not back in. It doesn't seem that this should be such a problem. No where have we found anything saying why.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I am familiar with the shelf. Can you take a few pictures to show us what doesn't fit or where the problem is?

What do you mean by "but the shorter screws is what came out"

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not sure what other pics I can take. He put the longer screws in to hold up the shelf for now since the shorter screws don't reach. It seems the shelf isn't going back into the center bracket where he had the problem getting the shelf out.

I'm relaying the info from husb who doesn't use a computer so it's hard to express the whole situation.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Take down the shelf, layout, count, organize all the screws. Insert the screws into the holes in the shelf and figure out which screws go where by how far they protrude through the shelf. If he is using the long screws where the short ones should be then the short ones won't reach where the long ones are supposed to be.

If you could tell us in which holes the screw don't reach I could actually take out a screw and measure it. Without exact details there it's hard to tell what the problem might be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The long screws are TEMPORARILY holding the shelf in place because the shelf won't go back onto the bracket in the middle. If he can get the shelf back in the bracket, he knows which screws go where. Until that happens, he has placed screws so that the shelf doesn't fall on my head while we're driving. The screws aren't the problem. The bracket is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is a good thing I printed the info at the link because now it's gone. Appears husb has the shelf back in now. Thanks again for the link. It's said you can find anything online. The problem is it's not always easy to do. We searched most of the afternoon & never came across this.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts