Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have the Interior Convenience Group/Overhead Storage Shelf package and be willing to upload a photo of it with the measurements (height of shelf?)

I can’t really find anything online

I have a pro master 3500 extended that does not have the overhead shelf and I am considering purchasing it separate and installing it in my van because I think it would be a nice place to keep sunglasses, hats and such.

It’s not exactly cheap but it sure would be nice to have i think. I don’t really feel like going to a dealer and having to bother a salesman to open one up just to take a look at it

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Hard to measure because it tapers in many directions. It IS an expensive addition, and I think that going to a dealer to check one out would be the best bet.

A junkyard might have the pieces in a wrecked van available for less $$$.

ps. I think it's used regularly in my van. I wired power jacks for 12V and USB up there, and keep lots of items there in an easy-to-access location.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
You have to replace the entire headliner.
The shelf won't mount to a non- shelf headliner. I checked into it when I thought I would have to buy a van without the shelf.
I got lucky and found one that had the shelf.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Not too worried about exact dimensions but maybe the height of the opening at the largest part? If that makes sense?

Would anyone be able to upload a picture of it?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
If you can give me an hour or so, I can run out and get a pic and measurements.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks rnr!

Whenever you have a chance....

Just pondering if its worth it or not

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,047 Posts
I keep 4 big sun hats and a window screen on one side and it’s not full. Only problem with putting sun glasses up there is they could get buried under other stuff and be hard to retrieve. (There are recesses on the Upper dash that appear to be for sun glasses.) IOW, they are plenty big for lots of stuff.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm 6 ft and that upper shelf lowered the visors and interfereed with my vision, or at least it felt like it when I test drove one. The van I purchased does not have them. My $0.02.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
How difficult was it to remove?
Any plastic tabs and the like that you have to worry about snapping, or just screwed in?

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Super easy to take down. I had mine on and off many times as I kept adding wiring for crap up there. There are two clips covering the very end screws that pop off easily with a tiny screwdriver. You need to take out the center console light by pulling with your fingers or a plastic pry tool. Under the console light is a single screw. Remove the visors and other accessible screws ( I think like 8 total) and you've got her down.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A big thank you to everyone that took the time to post the info and pictures!

I just need to figure the best (cost effective) way to purchase everything i need

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I just spent some time searching for anything related to headliner and overhead shelf removal and came up empty.
I recall seeing pics on here of someone removing the entire headliner, shelf and everything, down to the bare van skin, nothing left but the cross brace.
Anyone happen to know who that was or which thread?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
That was one of the many threads I read through. Wasn't the one.
There's a chance it was something I saw searching Google pics, but I'm about 85-93% sure it was here.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts