Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if it is possible to permanently remove this shelf (the one that comes with the interior convenience package, NOT the shelf closer to the cargo area) and reinstall the sun visors back into the headliner without it?

·
Super Moderator
7,290 Posts
They are totally different. Doesn’t mean they won’t work but I woldn’t ’want to find out they won’t the hard way. Plus there may be a few extra holes in the upper headliner. I also think the rear view mirror is mounted a bit differently but I’m not sure.

If you want to do this it might be best to find someone who wants to trade.

·
Registered
1 Posts
is their a reason you want to get rid of the headliner shelf. I was looking to add one but wanted to see what the downside would be to having one.
thank you,
Dan

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
When I was shopping, I wanted a van with the shelf and was having a hard time finding one that didn't also have a ton of other features that I didn't want. I found a few vans that were contenders but didn't have the shelf. I asked the dealer if it could be ordered and installed and they said the entire headliner had to be changed.
I ended up finding a van with the shelf and after seeing it in person, I realized they weren't pulling my leg. It's completely different than the non shelf headliner.
You can remove the shelf, but probably won't be able to remount the visors. I agree with finding someone to swap the entire headliner with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts