RAM 1500 PM with low roof.
Have the overhead console/storage unit that I am willing to trade/swap/sell
I am tall and it's in my way.

Located in the East Bay, California

·
Registered
1 Posts
Overhead Storage Unit

Do you still have this overhead storage unit? If you do, could you possibly send me an email to [email protected] and let me know. I bought a promaster 3500 and the dealer didnt have one in stock with this option and I really could use it. If you still have it and wouldn't mind take a few pictures of it and email them to me at the above email address. Thank you for your time,
Adam

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was thinking it would be a useful item, but I checked one out at a dealer in San Jose before I ordered my van - it was too low for me as well!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Left it off when I ordered mine too. The overhead console in my sprinter is really handy. Can always use extra storage, but not if its hanging in the line of sight. I'm 6'3", it would have been seriously in the way. On the bright side, the extra storage above the somewhat low ceiling is nice.

·
Registered
253 Posts
At 6' 3" I think if I chopped 4" out of the seat height I would be eating my knees.:D I have been thinking about adding something under the front brackets of my two person passenger seat. Everyone that sits there says it is way too vertical.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Hey Bulldogneon- how easy was the seat chop. My wife is 5 feet nothing and complains the passenger seat is too tall and doesn't think the PM will be comfortable. I'd probably chop them both as I am 5 ft 8 and could stand the drop so she could drive it too. Cut and weld? Pictures?
ThanX

·
Registered
238 Posts
i measured and drew a nice straight line all the way around, cut with a disc grinder as well as a sawzall, then taking this "section" or pieces parts of a "section" out of the height of the seat, welded it all back together nice and straight...you'll lose the top of the tool kit and you'll have to trim the plastic pieces around the seat that make it look nice, but besides the labor aspect its not a difficult job, just a pain in the ass...but if dodge expects to sell this van to non italians they will have to adjust this in the future, sorry no pics, i was in too much of a hurry to do it the day after i got the van

1 - 10 of 10 Posts