Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
CABINET OVER DRIVER'S SIDE SLIDER DOOR

This cabinet posed some more challenges, since it had to float over the door.

Same process. Start with metal frame and look for attachment points.

There are six 1/4" bolts holding this frame to the van. Three are in the overhead ribs. The other three are along the outside. Here, you can see the front-most overhead rib bolt and the space I found for the lower, outside bolt.

Here, you see the support for the middle of the cabinet, floating in the slider door opening.

Here is the rear outside bolt.

With the metal frame built, time to build a wooden face frame, make the doors, and scribe some dividers. Again used European Beech with polyurethane.

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Here is a picture of that front outer bolt and the scribed front wall.

Here, you can see that center support and the unique shape of the divider at that location. You can also see the 4" wall that fills the door opening. Also you can see the vinyl matte black sticker material I used to cover the van metal along there, since there's a lot of holes -- never used it before, but I like this material.

Here, you can see the rear wall of the cabinet and the curvature of the 4" wall that fills the door.

This picture shows the depth of the cabinet and the headroom for my son's seat.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
I used the same vinyl material to cover the outside wall.

Here you can see the two recessed LED lights above the doors. Two doors, so I made two lights. Also, this cabinet weighs 35 lbs.

Last photo: the cabinets match.

THANKS FOR LOOKING

21 - 25 of 25 Posts