Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Nice storage in that Puppy! No radio on my crew but ymmv. What I would have given for this van back in the days of construction.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Very well organized and thanks for sharing. I would gladly hire you to work on my projects. What are the black containers and can you show how they are attached? Maybe a little late now but some insulation (Thinsulate) would be nice to increase comfort for your crew. It's not the norm for contractor vans but really ought to be. You spend more time in the van than perhaps 10 recreational users combined.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The black boxes are Dewalt Tough System boxes. We keep many tools in them. They are beefy, waterproof, and easy to stack.

We came up with our own way to mount them. We use a beefy angle bracket on it's side and then weld a small tab on the side. The boxes have spring loaded side handles the keep them locked on the brackets.

They have worked very well for us. We also have some in our trailer.

·
Super Moderator
10,529 Posts
Where did you find the shrink wrap for the seat belt mod? Every place I've found wants big $ for anything over 2" or 3" and they only seem to sell it in 4' lengths.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the last major thing we are going to do with the inside for now. I added some led tape lights on the ceiling. They are tied into the stock cargo lights so I can turn them on using the factory switches and they auto shut off after a little bit so they can't drain the battery with the doors open. Just some cheap Amazon ones.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Lots of neat ideas. I picked up a couple tips for mods to my van. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
496 Posts
^the lights look great!!
It looks like you re-purposed the factory LED cargo lights? I would not have ordered these but I'm happy they came with my van. They came in very handy during the early winter build (in a black van no less) and I plan on moving them to the rear "garage area". There is actually a plug hidden in the ceiling (mid-point passenger side) for a third light. Great build!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It looks like you re-purposed the factory LED cargo lights? I would not have ordered these but I'm happy they came with my van. They came in very handy during the early winter build (in a black van no less) and I plan on moving them to the rear "garage area". There is actually a plug hidden in the ceiling (mid-point passenger side) for a third light. Great build!
Actually I bought some cheap 12v led tape lights from Amazon and hard wired them the the stock side and rear cargo lights so they operate the same way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts