Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Had a rear window (CRL) shattered by a rock grown from a lawn mower this summer. Luckily was parked at work and they paid for it. Ugh, what a mess all that glass makes when it all falls inside...

All the glass outside the glue fell right off. The remained stayed together but slowly sagged and finally crumbed as I gingerly drove the five miles home.

It was about a 1/2" bead of glue all the way around.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The upper pillar at the hinge is crushed in (the plastic trim inside doesn't reach the wall anymore. Amazingly the door works fine you just have to slam it. Insurance taking care of everything, they're taking it in a couple of weeks and said they can have it done in one week. Luckily I can use it until then. They put that heavy adhesive plastic where the window was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Perhaps a backup camera would help, too.
Isn't that what that little black thing is under the center clearance light. I thought that looked like a backup camera. I didn't have the heart to bring it up, but since zwarte asked.

I've been kicking myself for putting my first dent in my van. I had installed a Penda interior wall panel kit to protect from inside out dents. I even bought an extra piece of material to make a cover for the interior of the sliding door window delete. Unfortunately, the holes I drilled in the plastic panel weren't large enough to allow for thermal expansion and contraction. Last winter, several of the christmas tree fasteners were sheared off by the panel contracting. When summer came, the panel was hanging loose, so I removed it and figured I'd re-drill larger holes when I got around to it. Well procrastination got the best of me and a couple weeks ago, I had a load shift and put a large inside out dent in the middle of the window opening panel. Now I think I'll just be investing $500 in a C. R. Laurence vent window for the slider. Repairing the dent would be the same price. The window will help with ventilation when using the van for adventures.

Autogateman, sorry about your mishap, but it did cheer me up about my little dent. Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok this is how it went down-every morning I have the same routine with feeding my horse. I back up to the feed room, about 8 feet from my trailer to feed before going to work. Well the other day I used my trailer to haul a bull and when I parked it back, I didn't realize I didn't pull back as far as it was before. So when I backed up to feed, I was looking out my side mirror to see how far I was to the feed room, not thinking that the trailer was parked closer than before. Then BAM! Lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pm goes in next Monday to get repaired. $8000.00 in damages! Rear door replace and rear quarter cut out and weld

1 - 14 of 14 Posts