Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What other cargo vans that are FWD are on the market today? Or is the Promaster/Ducato the only ones available?

·
Registered
62 Posts
at this very moment off the top of my head I can't even think of a cargo van that comes in front wheel drive except the Promaster itself. at first I thought hey the Nissan NV is in front wheel drive but it actually isn't.

·
Registered
363 Posts
None. In north america this is the first. Most others are based off truck platforms so they will be RWD.
there is the Dodge Caravan cargo van that's front wheel drive, ProMaster isn't the the first FWD cargo van in America.

I believe the ford freestar cargo van is also FWD.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Dodge caravan has much smaller interior space compared to the Promaster. The carvan's overall size is much smaller.

Dodge Caravan

Promaster

·
Registered
41 Posts
From the dimension figures of the dodge caravan there is more space in width compared to the dodge ran promaster. However the height inside the promaster is taller than the dodge caravan.

·
Registered
62 Posts
there is the Dodge Caravan cargo van that's front wheel drive, ProMaster isn't the the first FWD cargo van in America.

I believe the ford freestar cargo van is also FWD.
I haven't seen a freestar yet but I briefly heard about it, not too sure on the dodge caravan cargo van either. Care to share a little more info on these?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
JackTrade
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing