Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unless the Ford transit is superior at the same cost, I'm going to wait for the PM diesel models are available and either order or purchase one from Dave Smith motors near the end of the year. Is there much of a price difference ordering vs outright purchase?
We have only one small Dodge dealer in a 250 mile radius, Eurecka,ca and I think they will eventually go under as with several other dealers in this area over the last few years. If pot is legalized in Ca, the dealers will have no customers without the the growers. Anyone from ca buy a new vehicle from Dave Smith motors?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Unless the Ford transit is superior at the same cost, I'm going to wait for the PM diesel models are available and either order or purchase one from Dave Smith motors near the end of the year. Is there much of a price difference ordering vs outright purchase?
I went by a local dealer and drove a PM just to experience it, since I hadn't driven one yet. This particular dealer had about 6 white PMs of various configurations in stock. All were advertised in the window $3-4k off of sticker price. I'm waiting for the diesel, but the sales guy said that they are very motivated to move the ones on the lot, so the prices were negotiable. We sat down to see if the Chrysler ordering system would let us spec out a diesel (it woudn't) and he said that he could give me a discount (just above invoice price) on an order, but they were really willing to deal on existing inventory. Too bad I don't want a white gasser.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
I found one that was configured just as I would have ordered it, high top, LWB, all the extra goodies, etc. just a few miles away from me. it had just come in 2 days ago and I got over $4400 off list. They had a bunch of low ones they were willing to really deal on. The salesman told me everyone wants the high tops! I would never order one and wait for months, myself, I would go crazy waiting for it! There are plenty of them out there if you just start searching.

I sold my Sprinter and bought it the next day! I love it so far0:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 ordering

Good luck if anyone orders the new 2015 with the diesel. I ordered one in the end of October last year and we are still waiting for it to arrive. Also opted for the 3 person seating up front . We have the 2014 model we really like it but it needs service and can't pull it off the road till the new one comes in. Also what's up with the cup holders they are on the floor give me a break and the ones in the doors suck unless you have drinks with caps on them.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Good luck if anyone orders the new 2015 with the diesel. I ordered one in the end of October last year and we are still waiting for it to arrive.
Hmm... that'll be me fairly soon. Just not finding anything in the region with the options that I want (or don't want), and some of them we're willing to be stubborn about.

I guess its standard dealer talk, but I've had two dealers tell me 6-12 weeks, two others said 6-8 weeks. I'm thinking that if we order by end of the months, I'll be pleased to see it by end of May. I'm putting a good spin on it by telling myself it'll be available time to continue to work on the RV layout, and start acquiring parts, tools, and materials.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hmm... that'll be me fairly soon. Just not finding anything in the region with the options that I want (or don't want), and some of them we're willing to be stubborn about.

I guess its standard dealer talk, but I've had two dealers tell me 6-12 weeks, two others said 6-8 weeks. I'm thinking that if we order by end of the months, I'll be pleased to see it by end of May. I'm putting a good spin on it by telling myself it'll be available time to continue to work on the RV layout, and start acquiring parts, tools, and materials.
Dealers have typically told me 8-10 weeks. 2 Fleet management companies, Donlen and ARI, are both estimating the same 14-16 weeks. Donlen says to add 1 to 3 weeks more if destined for the western states, Alaska, Hawaii and Eastern or Western Provinces of Canada.

ARI has been updated in the last week, Donlen not since 12/22. But they both say 14-16 weeks.

http://www.arifleet.com/publications/lead_times_delays/?/news/lead_times_delays/#item1508

http://donlen.com/production-trucks-chrysler.aspx

·
Registered
533 Posts
Although I didnt order mine, I happened to see it at the dealer the day after it arrived on the lot. The van i bought has a production date of 7/2014 and arrived on lot 11/2014. My guess is if you order one and its not already in production, it will be at your dealer 4 to 5 months after its made. Unless shipping speeds up that has been the production to delivery time frame! The vans are shipped only 3 at a time per truck due to their size.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Although I didnt order mine, I happened to see it at the dealer the day after it arrived on the lot. The van i bought has a production date of 7/2014 and arrived on lot 11/2014. My guess is if you order one and its not already in production, it will be at your dealer 4 to 5 months after its made. Unless shipping speeds up that has been the production to delivery time frame! The vans are shipped only 3 at a time per truck due to their size.
I ordered mine In mid May. It was built 7-8-14, and I picked it up mid August. Almost 90 days exactly, unless things have gotten much worse since then. Or maybe they have to stare at the diesels a lot longer before letting them go? Mine's gas.

·
Registered
121 Posts
2016 News

Don't know if this is the most appropriate thread but I just got a little news when investigating the factory swivel seats. I wanted the swivel but also I really wanted the lever release for the recliner however the dealer said no swivel available even though it is on the website so I emailed Dodge to ask what's up.

This is their reply (and in less than 24 hours on the weekend!);

Dear Dane:

It is great to read of your interest in the 2015 Ram 1500 ProMaster
Cargo Van!

The Driver Swivel Seat and the Passenger Swivel Seat for the 2015 Ram
1500 ProMaster Cargo Vans are indicated as a limited product offering
and have a late availability. According to our resources, the Driver
Swivel Seat and Passenger Swivel Seat have not been available factory
order options and we regret to advise that no information has been
provided as to when these features may be available for factory order.

We apologize that our "Build & Price" feature is indicating that the
Driver Swivel Seat and Passenger Swivel Seats are available. Our Web
Development Team makes every effort to ensure that the information on
our websites is as accurate as possible. The factory order system
changes on a frequent basis, however, and your preferred Ram dealership
is always the best resource for the most up-to-date information
regarding features and options available from factory.

Our preliminary provided resources are indicating that March 2015 will
be the last month that the 2015 Ram ProMaster lineup will be available
for factory order with production of March orders to take place in
June/July 2015. The 2016 Ram ProMaster lineup is anticipated to launch
in April 2015; however, as this provided timing is projected, it is
subject to change. At this time, no information has been provided as to
the features and options that will be available for the 2016 Ram 1500
ProMaster Cargo Van or when the ability to place factory orders will
occur.

Our best suggestion would be for you to keep in contact with your
preferred Ram dealership as the ordering system changes on a frequent
basis. Your preferred Ram dealership will be first informed as to when
they are capable of placing an order on your behalf and are the best
resource for the most up-to-date factory order timing and product
information.

To find out more on the 2015 Ram ProMaster and to sign up for updates,
please feel free to visit the following link:

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/

Please feel free to sign up for updates on the Ram brand by visiting http://www.ramtrucks.com/signup/.
By signing up, you will receive a quarterly eNewsletter with updates and
information as it becomes available on new vehicles, special offers,
upcoming events, and more.

If you have any product questions about the current Ram lineup, you are
always welcome to reply back to this email and we will respond back to
you as promptly as we can. If you prefer, you can also call us directly
with your questions at the Ram Product Information Center by calling
1-866-726-4636. When you call, we can connect you directly to your local
dealership, providing your call is during the dealer's hours of
operation.

Thank you for your interest in Ram, Dane. Have a great weekend!

Sincerely,

Maureen
Ram Product Information Center

Of course I can manage without the factory swivel but what will the 2016 have? I waited to order while analyzing all the good info on the forum but should I wait a little more to see what updates are coming? I have a tendency to over analyze.
Dane, van almost ordered.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Off topic a bit more....

Dag nabbit do I despise 'model years' for vehicles starting so **** early. If its released in April 2015, it is NOT a 2016 model. Its a 2015! $*^*#@*)!*&*@!!!!

OK, so maybe by December you could start getting the 'next model year', but not in April, this is getting stupid. And I think its just a competition between each manufacturer, which can release their's just a bit sooner than the other guys.

Heck, saw the same thing when I used to read many different magazines 10-15 years ago. You'd get the May issue in the middle or early March. Bleah....

Back on topic, I'm not sure I like the comment that March orders will be June/July production. We put our order in late February, wonder if that works back to a May/June production date? Hrrmph... ah well, more time for design and parts purchasing.

·
Registered
184 Posts
That was a comprehensive and detailed response from RAM Product Information Center to your inquiry.

However, Maureen may have chosen the wrong wording in saying that MY2016 is "anticipated to launch" in April. I think she meant to say "be announced." Her comment is clear that MY2015 units will be produced in June/July 2015, so it could be assumed that production of MY2016 units will begin in August (or later, if they have a between-model-year shutdown). Production beginning in August for the following model year is pretty standard in the automotive industry, so I don't consider MY2015 to be a short run.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but the need to "launch" the 2016's suggests some significant changes. In contrast, the transition from MY2014 to MY2015 occurred quietly, without any launch that I recall. I hope we see the new headlights & grille, the nine-speed automatic, and/or a factory passenger version. Or maybe the biggest change will simply be the ability to order the swivel seats!

If you can hold out, I suggest waiting another month.

·
Registered
121 Posts
2015 or 2016?

I will likely wait even though Maureen was careful not to be specific about any particular timing or availability. I don't retire until September;) and maybe no more leaking radiators etc.
I was encouraged by how responsive FCA was to my simple question. I see it as good sign of support for the Promaster.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Back to the topic of order or find on lot. I am looking in central NH and the quotes to order a 2015 include a current $1000 incentive which several dealers say will be locked in at order. I plan to get that statement in writing BTW. I am getting quotes at invoice. As an example configured 1500 diesel 136 wb is MSRP of $37,720 invoice of $35,519 and $1,000 incentive gives a price of $34,769. This is 8.3 percent discount off MSRP. Seems a bit small doesn't it? Any one do better than Invoice on an order? I am hoping that in June (or so?) when this arrives there will be $1500 or $2000 incentive to move the last of the 2015's. I don't care if the style changes, I need to do a campervan conversion this summer!

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Back to the topic of order or find on lot. I am looking in central NH and the quotes to order a 2015 include a current $1000 incentive which several dealers say will be locked in at order. I plan to get that statement in writing BTW. I am getting quotes at invoice. As an example configured 1500 diesel 136 wb is MSRP of $37,720 invoice of $35,519 and $1,000 incentive gives a price of $34,769. This is 8.3 percent discount off MSRP. Seems a bit small doesn't it? Any one do better than Invoice on an order? I am hoping that in June (or so?) when this arrives there will be $1500 or $2000 incentive to move the last of the 2015's. I don't care if the style changes, I need to do a campervan conversion this summer!
Not a big enough discount! Try Tri City Dodge in Somersworth or Port Dodge Chysler in Portsmouth. Stay away from the Tilton operation at all costs!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts