Ram Promaster Forum banner

Ordered New Wheels Today

15K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  2much2c 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Got the wheels on the van today and ran into one snag with one of the wheels. The bolt pattern the spacing the numbers on the box were all the same but the holes were drilled to small for the lug bolts. I pulled out my calipers and the holes were about .56 and need to be 63 to match the other 4 so I went to lowes and picked up a 5/8s drill bit and carefully drilled them out bigger and everything seem just fine now and the when went right on. The wheels really change the look of the van alot and I'm super happy. If you do order them please test fit every wheel before mounting tires, all I did was verify the part numbers on the box and test fit one on the front. These wheels also add about 1/2 to the width on each side from the factory wheels. The picture is crappy but it was getting dark.

Attachments

#4 ·
I have to say I don't care for that style wheel. Looks like a pain to wash the brake dust off with all those angles to get into. I have the factory alloys. OK style, but really easy to get a soapy sponge into them for cleanliness!

Reactions: keeponvaning
#10 ·
I went with the part number off of euro campers website. you really have to look to see the difference from factory. At the most its only 1/2 inch wider on either side and being a little wide with how tall the vans are cant be a bad thing.

#7 ·
Like a bower bird or a crow I like those shinny rims! I have the Aluminums too and they are nice and do clean easily but not so BRIGHT.

#9 ·
I would love to have a set of the factory alum wheels but they want a mint used and from the dealer is out of the question. I just could not stand looking at the steel wheels any longer. Plus I have studded snow tires on the steel wheel so I figured if I swapped winter/ summer tires 4-5 times the wheels pay for themselves, ill just run the steel wheels in the winter and possible pick up some hub caps if they bother me to much. I'm not gonna lie and I agree they look like a pain to clean but man do they change the whole look of the van. The tires are the stock lt225/75/16 load range E I went with a recommended tire from my local tire shop its called a Milestar Patagonia A/T he said for the money they cant be beat. at $109 a tire installed. I wanted more of and A/T cause I do a lot of off the beaten path driving ill see how they hold up. Next up is finally getting the better draw tite hitch installed and trying to make a front hitch out of the old junk curt hitch.

#32 ·
Any long-term feedback on the Milestar's? I have Patagonia M/T's on my Landcruiser; they are great. The A/T's look like a good option for my 2017 PM 3500 based on tread pattern, load/speed rating, and price. Would like to know if you've had a good experience with yours. Do you have the A/T R's or W's?

#15 ·
New Wheels - Direct Fit

Ordered, mounted, direct fit, no issues thanks to this thread (lugs are another story, but are available). These are the same brand wheels, simple clean look, black machined face. Doesn't change mileage average, tow or payload capacity, using same rated tires. Super stoked with the results. \m/

Attachments

#21 · (Edited)
Ordered, mounted, direct fit, no issues thanks to this thread (lugs are another story, but are available). These are the same brand wheels, simple clean look, black machined face. Doesn't change mileage average, tow or payload capacity, using same rated tires. Super stoked with the results. \m/
So happy to see someone else mount these Vision Valor wheels from Discount Tire on their PM! I was about to pull the trigger and then read a post on here where someone stated the lug holes were too small for the PM lug size. I'm glad that's not the case. I will be moving on a set of these soon.
A couple questions Peek...
What tire size did you go with?
Did the 45mm offset give it a wider stance?
Any rubbing issues?
What size lugs did you use?
Did you need hub-centric rings?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.