·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the wheels on the van today and ran into one snag with one of the wheels. The bolt pattern the spacing the numbers on the box were all the same but the holes were drilled to small for the lug bolts. I pulled out my calipers and the holes were about .56 and need to be 63 to match the other 4 so I went to lowes and picked up a 5/8s drill bit and carefully drilled them out bigger and everything seem just fine now and the when went right on. The wheels really change the look of the van alot and I'm super happy. If you do order them please test fit every wheel before mounting tires, all I did was verify the part numbers on the box and test fit one on the front. These wheels also add about 1/2 to the width on each side from the factory wheels. The picture is crappy but it was getting dark.

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have to say I don't care for that style wheel. Looks like a pain to wash the brake dust off with all those angles to get into. I have the factory alloys. OK style, but really easy to get a soapy sponge into them for cleanliness!

Reactions: keeponvaning

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Like a bower bird or a crow I like those shinny rims! I have the Aluminums too and they are nice and do clean easily but not so BRIGHT.

·
Registered
810 Posts
What size rubber did you put on those wheels?
Looks great!
Good job making them fit instead of sending them back.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would love to have a set of the factory alum wheels but they want a mint used and from the dealer is out of the question. I just could not stand looking at the steel wheels any longer. Plus I have studded snow tires on the steel wheel so I figured if I swapped winter/ summer tires 4-5 times the wheels pay for themselves, ill just run the steel wheels in the winter and possible pick up some hub caps if they bother me to much. I'm not gonna lie and I agree they look like a pain to clean but man do they change the whole look of the van. The tires are the stock lt225/75/16 load range E I went with a recommended tire from my local tire shop its called a Milestar Patagonia A/T he said for the money they cant be beat. at $109 a tire installed. I wanted more of and A/T cause I do a lot of off the beaten path driving ill see how they hold up. Next up is finally getting the better draw tite hitch installed and trying to make a front hitch out of the old junk curt hitch.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a friend with those wheels. His wheel offset looks stock. Maybe they sent wrong wheel offset.

I went with the part number off of euro campers website. you really have to look to see the difference from factory. At the most its only 1/2 inch wider on either side and being a little wide with how tall the vans are cant be a bad thing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Beauty! Sure wish they made those in a full gloss black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
New Wheels - Direct Fit

Ordered, mounted, direct fit, no issues thanks to this thread (lugs are another story, but are available). These are the same brand wheels, simple clean look, black machined face. Doesn't change mileage average, tow or payload capacity, using same rated tires. Super stoked with the results. \m/

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
Nice wheels Peek. Those are the first different wheels I've seen. I guess this makes two types of aftermarket wheels available to us now.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got mine on amazon and bought my lugs through eurocamper.com

·
Registered
535 Posts
The rims look great! Can you tell if the outer surface on those is bare polished aluminum or is it clear coated?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts