Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to thank everyone first

Putting together my list of build options and have a question.

So first off this is for personal use, daily commute, toy hauler, safe and dry moving and a little storage.

I'm trying to decide between 118 and 136, I think 136 for better resale value and more useable space.

Definitely low roof.

Three seats up front

I think I may order sliding doors both sides, with windows all around.

Undecided about partition. Factory one is ok, I called the dealer and to order after the fact it'll be $900 plus!

Not a fan of GPS when my phone does the same job at a fraction of the price.

Backup camera yes but not sure if I want the factory one or I can go aftermarket. $300 aftermarket or $900 factory with the uconnect. I know it has bluetooth but that's easily solved too

Anyway, biggest concerns are the backup camera and partition, would appreciate input

·
Registered
180 Posts
Camera I would get from Dodge, though I heard a rumor they are all prewired for it. Partition I would go aftermarket unless you are about 5'5" or shorter. Then I would consider the factory version. It's insulated and upholstered. Not much of that going on in the upfit world. Be nice if the set back kits for aftermarket partitions could be adapted to the factory unit. Anyone consider that?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Why would you suggest the factory partition only if you are short? Is the opening in the partition 5'5"? If so, it would be nice if Ram were to make a more usable partition for the Promaster. As someone who is over 6' I don't want to have a door for gnomes in my van.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not the door height. The factory unit has no door. It sits too close to the seats. Aftermarket units can be positioned further aft allowing more rearward seat adjustment.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I've had good and bad backup cameras. The bad one was too wide angle. I could hit objects with the bumper corner without knowing it. The good camera showed a nice wide view with a light at night.

My truck with sensors (GMC) is too slow to warn me. I don't trust it. It also beeps at too many things it shouldn't.

A really good camera, is fantastic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had good and bad backup cameras. The bad one was too wide angle. I could hit objects with the bumper corner without knowing it. The good camera showed a nice wide view with a light at night.

My truck with sensors (GMC) is too slow to warn me. I don't trust it. It also beeps at too many things it shouldn't.

A really good camera, is fantastic.
So is the factory camera a really good one? Just got quoted $666 installed of a REALLY good one and 5" screen installed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If the camera is anything like the ones on the pickups it will be fine. I ordered with both camera and the sensors. Employees are driving them so I figure it may lower the chances of backing into things! Wishful thinking I know!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts