Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that in suceeding years, RAM gets their act together and starts enabling FIAT Ducato options that are not yet available for the PM.

I really find it frustrating that we don't get the selection in the USA & Canada, that Europe gets.

I suspect in the corridors of power at FIAT Chrysler, someone decided that the PM would be a work van, and won't have the options available that would really let the PM compete with the Sprinter (and blow it away)

Lets start with interior trim in the load area, an option with FIAT, not PM

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
It would be neat if someone(s) in North America could open a pipeline to a dismantling yard(s) in Europe, in order to get these goodies shipped over here as used parts. Since the Ducato has been around since 2006, I bet there are plenty of them being dismantled daily.

I'd love to get my hands on a complete OE passenger Ducato air suspension (self-leveling) for the rear. The ProMaster rides too high in the rear (unloaded)!

·
Registered
110 Posts
This is just for the cargo area though right? I've never really understood why you need a work van to look all fancy, especially in the cargo area. It makes sense for more passenger oriented vans though. Either way it would be nice to have the options though.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree for a work van, but not everyone is buying these for a work van. I plan to store motorcycles and have sleeping area - so factory insulation and interior in the rear area would be a nice option.

This is just for the cargo area though right? I've never really understood why you need a work van to look all fancy, especially in the cargo area. It makes sense for more passenger oriented vans though. Either way it would be nice to have the options though.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I'm the same way. In Europe, they sell a high roof Ducato... and Ducatos with 4WD/AWD.

For a small motorhome, a high-roof, 4x4 Ducato would be extremely useful. The high roof would allow for a false floor and placing water/wastewater tanks under it (using the space between tanks as a plenum for the furnace so the van can be used in sub-freezing temperatures), and 4WD would mean the ability to get to fairly remote areas... or at least not lose an oilpan or axle if on a rutted, washed out road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts