Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant get the the open door warning light to come off. Rear doors...Anyone else experience this?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
My Hood makes the open door light stay on and I know it is the hood because
every once and a while it flashes" hood open"
I have to play around with it to see if I can make it go off.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer is ordering a new latch. they narrowed it down to that...the sensor is in the latch now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Add me to the club on this issue. Back door ....

My van might as well be scrap right now. Can't leave it anywhere loaded with equipment unlocked.

Calling dealer now....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dealer - NW Jeep - won't just overnight in the part for me I have to take my van in Wednesday to be diagnosed. :(

Add this to the 'chip key' in terms of tech that went too far. Where a failure on a minor item can completely disable you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not PM owner but on Sprinter had problem with sliding door.
You might check sensor contacts on doors and make sure latch is well lubed. On my Sprinter to try fix before new latch came in the dealership "cleaned" latch. Never replaced latch because after cleaning and lubed lock behaved.
So, now when lube the wheelchair lift get hinges and door latches sprayed down with silicon spray lube.
"Good Luck!"

·
Super Moderator
9,044 Posts
Tell the stealer guy to stick it and try Mikes suggestion first:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used to have this problem, took care of it myself because the dealership is worthless and I can't afford to be out of my van for 1/2 a day or more. The latch on the door frame (rear side) is held in place with 2 Torx head screws, because you have to slam the side door to get it shut the latch gets out of adjustment. Simply loosen screws and adjust until the door shuts fully AND you can still open every time.DO NOT over tighten screws, they will break off! There are small notches on the frame and the bracket. You can also adjust the latch on the door itself, also 2 Torx head screws. The latch for the rear doors is on the floor and also has 2 torx head screws. Good luck, it is a very fine adjustment and may take a few attempts.
I believe there are pictures posted in another section of this forum.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Tell the stealer guy to stick it and try Mikes suggestion first:(
+1

I can't see how cleaning something would void a warranty??

I think CRC and other companies make Electrical Contact Cleaner...

·
Registered
129 Posts
It started working again by itself

The only thing worse than an electrical problem is an intermittent problem.

Thanks for the heads up on the adjustment via the Torx screws. Will cancel my appt with the dealer and try to tackle it myself when it starts doing its thing again.

Funny people here refer to dealers as stealers, dealerships/stealerships -- I always have. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts