Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM sells in Europe these two very good vehicles, produced and sold in joint venture with Renault and Nissan.
Why GM doesn't try to manufacture almost the Movano in the USA?
It will be also better than the Promaster: it's sold both in FWD and RWD versions...you can choose.
FWD:

RWD:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
There is also an AWD version!

It's made by Oberaigner, the same company that modify the Sprinter 4x4 into a better off road vehicle...

·
Registered
473 Posts
You know, Mary Barra, the new GM CEO is over at Opel right now. Maybe, just maybe?? something will come out of her visit concerning this vehicle.
Hope so.....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Looks like a direct fit. A lot of Sprinter owners with self esteem issues put the Mercedes grill on their van. The Fiat grill would probably not be as popular a mod.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Looks like a direct fit. A lot of Sprinter owners with self esteem issues put the Mercedes grill on their van. The Fiat grill would probably not be as popular a mod.
Love the term, "self esteem issues". So, so true. Never could figure out why a Dodge or Freightliner Sprinter owner would spend upwards of $400. to do this

·
Registered
180 Posts
Somebody somewhere has already ordered the Fiat grill and Ducato badging. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted. Maybe paint the calipers red and get some Abarth stripes off a 500... lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Somebody somewhere has already ordered the Fiat grill and Ducato badging. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted. Maybe paint the calipers red and get some Abarth stripes off a 500... lol
haha **** as much as i like the non-USDM look, i wouldn't bother changing it. It is after all just my work vehicle. I can always get a vehicle for play that looks light years better

·
Registered
181 Posts
Does anyone know why Nissan doesn't sell this thing over here in the US? It looks like a much better van than that ugly NV van that we get now.

I'd love it if either GMC or Nissan would sell this van, especially the front-wheel drive low-floor configuration. That's easily the best feature of the ProMaster, and is (for now) exclusive to RAM.

Chevy/GMC is sorely in need of a new van, so this could be it. I hope they're not afraid that us Americans will insist on a traditional body-on-frame van.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Love the term, "self esteem issues". So, so true. Never could figure out why a Dodge or Freightliner Sprinter owner would spend upwards of $400. to do this
After the local neighborhood HOA came up and yelled at me for having a "commercial vehicle" parked in a relative's driveway, I replaced the FL rear badge with a M-B badge on the van I was borrowing (it is held in with two Torx screws). A few days later, the same neighbor complimented me... about the same vehicle... for having good taste in cars. Same van, just parked in frontwards, not backed in so the FL grille wasn't showing.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I don't like the Ram badging, so I will be putting the FIAT grill on, when I get the PM.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The older generation of the Renault Trafic have also been badge-engineered as an Opel for the European market, and as a Chevy in South America. The current one would have been a good replacement for the Chevy Astro.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts