Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been doing some preliminary research on the Promaster and I was honestly shocked with how little of them are actually for sale.

Are these not at all popular with the commercial crowd?

1 single promaster available new. a 2016 136" 2500 high roof in white.

I also only found a handful of used ones which are all more expensive than a brand new one.

I know this is not a Corvette or anything like that but ONE in all of the Province??? That is a bit ridiculous

This is what comes up in a 500km (320 mile) radius search:

Looks like the only way to get one will be to order one.

·
Super Moderator
10,684 Posts
I see them everywhere but I'm not in Alberta. What about other provinces? Seems to be a lot in Ontario and Quebec.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anywhere other than BC would be a major pain in the butt to buy and the fact that Alberta has the lowest taxes in all of Canada I'd be getting a much worse deal and I'd have to figure out a way to go get it.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just checked the Autotrader site and within 500km of Edmonton there were almost 20 listed. Most of them new. You can find what you want if you just look a little more. I picked mine up in Devon, AB. It had been sitting on the lot for almost a year and was heavily discounted. There are lots out there. Good luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Think you are doing the search wrong. I found 15 2500 and 11 3500 on the Ram site. All in Alberta.

Purchased a new 2014 2500 159 HR diesel last year for $37,000 Can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think you are doing the search wrong. I found 15 2500 and 11 3500 on the Ram site. All in Alberta.

Purchased a new 2014 2500 159 HR diesel last year for $37,000 Can.
You are right. I was looking at the site all wrong. Still doesn't help that the only color available is white except for one sole black one in Calgary.

It also looks like they are all at least 3K more than what I price one out to on the build and price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just checked the Autotrader site and within 500km of Edmonton there were almost 20 listed. Most of them new. You can find what you want if you just look a little more. I picked mine up in Devon, AB. It had been sitting on the lot for almost a year and was heavily discounted. There are lots out there. Good luck.
Yeah I was looking at the autotrader site all wrong too. I was looking under commercial vehicles and wasn't finding anything.

I don't know what the heck I was doing yesterday but things were not going my way at all.

You bought yours in Devon? was it white? It seems 99% of the ones I find are white.

I'd like to find a deep cherry or a true blue. Deep Cherry taking preference.

·
Registered
427 Posts
You will probably have to order one if you want "a colour" and if you are at all fussy about which size and which options you want.

I ordered one and got exactly what I wanted. And it so happens to be deep cherry red. It took a while to get.

·
Registered
552 Posts
anywhere other than BC would be a major pain in the butt to buy and the fact that Alberta has the lowest taxes in all of Canada I'd be getting a much worse deal and I'd have to figure out a way to go get it.
Vehicle sales tax is a function of the registration process. You pay the sales tax rates for the province you reside in and register the vehicle, not the province where you buy the vehicle.

Expand your search !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts