Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the Uconnect online Internet? The is a unit offered by RAM, listed on EBay. It allows you to subscribe to a service and creates a mobile hotspot. I would like more information if anyone has it.

·
Super Moderator
9,053 Posts
It may only be available on Chrysler uconnects. The Promasters use a Fiat Uconnect I believe and they are not compatible.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does anyone have the Uconnect online Internet? The is a unit offered by RAM, listed on EBay. It allows you to subscribe to a service and creates a mobile hotspot. I would like more information if anyone has it.
I think KeepOnVaning is correct in that it's not available for the Promaster. You've got to have the 8.4 inch radio unit which isn't available for the Promaster. And actually there are two units, one with cellular and one without. Here is a link to an article about the 8.4 inch Uconnect without the cellular which is made by Panasonic:

http://electronics360.globalspec.com/article/2146/teardown-the-chrysler-uconnect-touch-infotainment-platform

Apparently the one with cellular is made by Harman. My son-in-law has it on his 2014 Durango Citadel. I believe it uses Sprint's cellular, so rural coverage is pretty spotty. Otherwise it works ok. The radio has a traffic avoidance function he really likes. He calls it "money". One downside, at least in the 2014 units is that they only supported 3G and not LTE, so unless that's been updated for 2015, your phone is likely to be much faster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts