Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2015 diesel 2500 on Friday in Nebraska, drove it ~650 miles home that day.

Surprised at many things -- like odd shifting, touchy brakes, no "P" on the shifter, and the fact that it threw two codes on my first drive in it.

Now that the local dealer has updated the software (and the two warning lights have gone off) I'm ready to get used to this quirky van.

·
Premium Member
8,859 Posts
Tell us what the production date was and if the codes were related to DEF. Diesels built in up to May of 2015 did not have software to prevent spurious codes related to EGR, Turbo boost, and DEF. Old DEF can cause a code even now so It would be good to know how long it sat at the dealer. DEF has a lifetime. Thanks

I can pretty much guess they did not update it.

·
Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell us what the production date was and if the codes were related to DEF. Diesels built in up to May of 2015 did not have software to prevent spurious codes related to EGR, Turbo boost, and DEF. Old DEF can cause a code even now so It would be good to know how long it sat at the dealer. DEF has a lifetime. Thanks

I can pretty much guess they did not update it.
Local dealer (not seller) says it wasn't updated, and they were in awe that selling dealer would let it leave the lot (after sitting for ~15 months) without an update.

Codes = P0401-00 and P0140-87

Local dealer:
-Performed PCM update 18-19-04-CV
-Updated BCM 18-19-02-AV
-Cleared codes.

All OK at the moment.

·
Premium Member
8,859 Posts
Both are EGR codes which never would have happened if the update had been done I bet. Typical of some early 2015 vans. Top up the DEF with fresh from Walmart ($7.88 per 2-1/2 gal, buy one) before the DEF code happens. It then should be fine, unless something actually fails which just about never happens.
Best to you. I love my diesel. BTW the no park and weird transmission is because it is a manual not an automatic. Put it in D or R before you shut it off and it will be in gear. N to start as it instructs you. A robot lives down near the gearbox and does the shifts when he/she decides to. All good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts