Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone from Ohio!

I found your forum after a night of searching for camper builds and spent what seemed like a week strait reading thru your build threads and decided to join as I agree the pro-master does seem like a great platform for a build.

I have been researching different builds for over 20 years, as an avid tent camper I started out by reading about building "house trucks" i.e. the DIY builds of the hippy types using old logging trucks on the west coast, Vardos, schoolies, DIY van/box truck conversions, cargo trailer builds, etc.

I do not currently own a pro-master but your forum has really re-sparked my interest in doing a build myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome proeddie!

I thought maybe I should edit and clarify my introduction post a bit, my "Old Newb" title to my introduction post is because I am "old" but a complete Newb to pro-masters.

I personally would rather have an awesome DIY custom built anything, along with all it's interesting flaws and character to a cookie cutter massed produced anything, but I've also always been a "to each their own" type of person so I have no ill will toward anyone that would rather just sign the check.

With the other DIY platforms I mentioned they all have their pro's and con's, like try finding an old federal truck now, or price a bare bones Unimog, or a VW 23 window, I think you get my point.

Around this area 20 or so years ago you couldn't give away a travel trailer or RV over ten or more years old, now peeps want crazy money for what amounts to poorly built rusted heaps behind old barns and them trying cash in on the "house flipping" shows, and the tiny house movement shows of the moment.

Don't get me wrong, people have done some very amazing things with the old stuff and have come up with some awesome new ideas and I do respect their work and efforts, but I just don't think it's practical for myself at this time in my life.

I just typed "practical", I have a feeling that all of my tyedye just imploded, What a drag it is getting old 8/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts