Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any issues with the oil pressure sensor for your Promaster. My check engine light came on and I drove it to the dealership and the oil sensor code came up. I just wanted to see if anyone here had any service experience regarding it. Is this a known issue covered in the TSB 18-034-14? I read some issues with the oil sensor relay or sending unit on other 3.6liter engines, Jeeps, Town & Country, etc... I have an appointment but I would like to get more info before I hand it off to them for repairs on the eve of my 3 week Van trip. Any input would be helpful; I have a gasser.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, just had this happened to mine. 2014 with 35000 miles. Dealer says it's a 6 hour repair. Intake manifold has to be removed!
Never owned a new vehicle with so many issues and recalls!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
It seems all the companies are issuing more recalls since the GM key fines. It is better to announce any small issue and fix it than suffer the huge fines NTSA might impose, and don’t believe a creative lawyer cannot make that oil pressure sender into a safety issue. Ours for the ignition switch came out long before the parts were available, same with the tow hitch wiring. Better safe than sorry. In 2008 my then 13 year old Miata got an airbag activation switch recall, a 7 hour job! Ford just recalled 2 MILLION cars! And VW?????

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Yep, I just had the oil pressure sensor switch replaced, on my 2014 with 20,000km. When I took it in for the rear door handle replacement I reported the engine light and the code came up for the oil pressure sensor. They replaced it in an hour or so job. The comment from the tech is that this switch problem is fairly common on the 3.6 gas engine.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Happened to mine In Feb. About 5k miles on a 14 PM. Took half a day to get fixed. No issues since then. 10k miles on it now.

Reactions: softseds
1 - 5 of 5 Posts