Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Rear main? I don't think you will find that seal since its front wheel drive. If it was leaking oil it was probably the oil cooler filter adapter on the top of the motor under the intake manifold. If the work was done by the dealer you should be able to find some proof using the vin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Josh,
Had my 2015 gas in for service last month with 20,000 miles. I had a small oil leak, dealer said it was the pan seal. They installed a new pan under warranty. It took care of my oil leak.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oil leak engine

2015 2500 38,000 miles going in next week for what the dealer said was a crank seal .it looked like a leak between the engine and transmission as far as I could tell. Not real happy at the thought of having engine and dash pulled out for this repair even though it's covered under warranty. Anyone else have this problem ?

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
We used to call it the rear main seal. No need to remove the dash AFAIK. It’s not a big deal just a lot of work. It should be fine. Be glad it is under warranty.
I think you are the first here to experience this. There must have been others as it does happen once in a while on relatively low mileage engines.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Well my diesel has been in the shop since June 20th with the rear main leaking at 65K. I talked to the shop manager yesterday. He said the motor mounts have to be replaced any time the tranny is pulled. Not sure why that would be the case, but that is what he said.

He said that they finally found another dealer that had a set of mounts and they were on the way. Otherwise, it would have been September before they would get the parts. My clutch is slipping too, so they are going to address that. Possibly it was getting oil on the the clutch from the rear main.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
My diesel has been in the shop since June 20th for a rear main leak. I touched base with the shop manager yesterday and he said that the motor mounts have to be replaced any time you drop the tranny. I am not sure why the motor mounts would have to be replaced, but that is what he said.

He said they found a set of mounts from another dealer and they are on the way. Otherwise it would have been September before they could get the parts.

The clutch is also slipping, presumably from the rear main leak.

Also, my e-brake was sticking. They wanted me to pay for a brake job on the rear. I told them to repair the brakes from seizing, and I would do the brakes myself.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
WAG here. In Europe they have had a lot of complaints about a shudder from the drive chain when reversing, especially when backing uphill. They mostly have manual transmissions/foot clutch and the 2.3 L diesel. That problem is almost always motor mounts and it destroys the rubber in them. Ours does not seem to do this much but the requirement may be related.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I don't know what the issue could be not being able to access parts from FCA for 3 months. We live in a global market now. Anything can be shipped from anywhere and be in-hand within a few days. They should be able to fabricate new mounts and have them to Arkansas faster than 3 months.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
I waited a month for a rear shock! You are right but it isn’t going to be a few days and you have no one to blame but FCA. BTW when I order a part for my BMW motorcycle it is pulled by a robot in Munich and I will have it at my dealer in less than two days! I ordered a Mac Mini from Apple and it arrived from Shanghai China in a DAY! FCA needs to change. Some companies are living in the past. Today I called an insurance company and was told the only way to deliver the paperwork I need to send them was to FAX it???? FAX???? really, who does that? PDF? Nope. Email attachment? Nope, cannot accept them.
It’s going by snail mail!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts