Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So called up Parts at local dealer and they wanted $11.50 (not surprised) for an oil filter for my 2018 PM. Mopar Part Number 68191349AC.

Amazon wants $8.75 for same oil filter with same part number. However...right long side of it is a Mopar oil filter part number 68191349AB. It looks exactly the same and most likely last year's manifestation of the same filter.......but not sure. It sells for $6.39!

So is there a difference in the AB and the AC? Some subtle change? Fix of some issue with ABs? AB not come with sealing ring or something? Or possibly just old stock? Will the AB work for my 2018 PM? Will dealer use as excuse later to not honor warranty for not using the recommended 2018 oil filter?:|

I plan on sticking with the Mopar filters and recommended oil. Just hate to pay more'n 2 dollars more for a filter that has a part number change due to only inventory tracking.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Get the one specified for your van. There was a change in the design of the backflow preventer because it would easily break and while not devastating would allow for a few seconds of running without oil pressure at startup. Your 2018 has the new design.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Will get the one specified for my van. I checked my local Walmart and all they have are the AB ones and over 9 dollars each.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,462 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
well i just bought a fram ch11665....
the body o ring is way undersized
thinner by .03
smaller dia by about .3
they are buying it back, and i an headed to the dealer
not a great pic but hopefully you can see the diff.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
The oil filter cap on the Promaster sucks. Its the same on the Cherokee. It's way too easy for the center spring loaded piece to pop out and it's next to impossible to get it back in. Ridiculous design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts