Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With @5600 miles on it I decided to go ahead and change the oil-like others I don't think I could stand to go 10,000. After reading the recommendations of others I went with the Royal Purple. Walmart didn't have their filter so I went with the best Fram filter they had. So this morning I had time to do it so I pulled into the garage and popped the hood. Where's the oil filter? I look from the top, I look from the sides and still didn't see it. I looked on-line and didn't find any help here so back to the garage I go. I looked from underneath the front and BAM! There it was within easy reach-just to the passenger side of center, right behind the lower air dam. The oil pan plug takes a 13mm socket. Since the filter is upside down there was a lot of oil in it to drain out. Kind of messy but that's what rags are for. I added the 5 quarts of RP and topped it off with a few ounces of super slick oil treatment. The old oil didn't look too bad but glad I went ahead and changed it. Kudos to the design guys who made the filter easily accessible. Easiest oil change I've ever done. Tighten the filter hand tight and you only need one wrench for the plug.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for this info. I have been going crazy trying to find info on this common activity, oil change, and find nothing! Your post is about all there is. How totally nuts is that? Did you have to raise the front on jacks?? (I assume so?) Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts