Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They don't list the Chrysler Promaster in their computer.

I cannot find info online either. Will the STP S11665XL work in the 2016 Promaster 1500 gas engine?

Also want to buy another spare oil filter housing cap. But difficult to locate the Promaster again. I don't want to have to go to
the dealer if not necessary.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I bought mine from Autozone and you have to search "Dodge Promaster"(link to AZ), not Chrysler . There were plenty of oil filters(Mopar, stp and fram) at my local autozone.
From what I remember my local dealer price for OEM filter is not much more than AZ. I think the AZ Mopar brand is just a relabel of some big brand. Dealer one is actual OEM Mopar. I would have bought it from the dealer if I wasn't in a hurry to get the oil change done for a trip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a link to the available filters? Is the STP S11665XL , a good choise?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought mine from Autozone and you have to search "Dodge Promaster"(link to AZ), not Chrysler . There were plenty of oil filters(Mopar, stp and fram) at my local autozone.
From what I remember my local dealer price for OEM filter is not much more than AZ. I think the AZ Mopar brand is just a relabel of some big brand. Dealer one is actual OEM Mopar. I would have bought it from the dealer if I wasn't in a hurry to get the oil change done for a trip.
Oh OK I just noticed that you have provided a shortcut. Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
8,330 Posts
Oil filters

WIX 10010

OEM MOPAR = 68191349AA

Aftermarket MOPAR = M0-349

Wix = WL10010

Purolator Classic = L36296

Fram = CH11665

Champ/LuberFiner = P1009p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jeez, that's a bummer! What are you going to do?
HA-HA I know its kid of a stupid question.. But honestly I wish that the sellers of filters including eBay would start recognizing The Chrysler Promaster as a legitimate model.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,330 Posts
It’s a Ram Promaster not a Chrysler Promaster!🤭 Most Promaster parts are listed under Ram although many are identically listed under Dodge or Chrysler because they are the same part number!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It’s a Ram Promaster not a Chrysler Promaster!🤭 Most Promaster parts are listed under Ram although many are identically listed under Dodge or Chrysler because they are the same part number!
That worked perfect. Thanks!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yes, Autozone is too goofy to know that Ram became a separate brand in 2012. It’s under Dodge Trucks in their system.
Other tips: Walmart sells the MO-349 filter for $10. As far as I can tell, all tge various brands of pentastar filters are the same quality wise. I get the Wix from Rock Auto for like $3 ea. Rock Auto also has spare filter caps for dirt cheap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts