Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is genuine, CNC machined, German made, convenient, Oil drain plug/valve. I'm not advertising this company ; because they may be my friends or they asked me to do this; this is some thing , for the people - who likes to change oil by own. This is very good quality product. I've installed on 2 of my cars. makes oil drain process so much cleaner and faster. keeps your thread , on the drain pad, not wearing out , not leaking etc. the only thing; If you decide to drop your car, in the Oil Change shop;- You have to supply the drain house with the valve fitting (comes with the kit) , for the mechanics. The size M14/1,5 metric thread that on Amazon link, I've provided Fits to 2015 RAM PMC .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had Fumoto valves similar to these on several vehicles over the years. Worked great and never a problem! Until I put one on my PMC, hit a tortoise on the interstate, tore up the valve, and dumped all my oil on the road! PMCs sit too low with the drains angled down making these things vulnerable to road hazards. I was lucky it didn't tear the pan at least! Otherwise I'd say they look ok!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
The drain valve is a good idea, but it's a single use item. Take that money and get an oil extractor which will serve several purposes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I find that the thing that takes the most time and effort in changing the oil on my 3500 is just getting to the drain plug. I have to jack up the right side of the van enough to allow me to get underneath the thing to reach the drain. Unscrewing a plug and letting it drain into a pan isn't a real imposition after that.

The drain is in a good area for a clean pour in any case, as there is no dribbling onto frame members or other chassis parts. The oil filter is a topside cartridge which is easy to reach provided you purchase either a 24mm ratcheting box wrench or a shortie socket from the parts store.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The drain valve is a good idea, but it's a single use item. Take that money and get an oil extractor which will serve several purposes.
I think I've understood , what Oil Extractor is? Is That manual Pump looks like surenge or electric driven pump , with the hose small enough to be able to fit in deep stick tube?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts