Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for specs on oil drain plug. Looking to replace factory plug with quick release valve. I can't find specs (size, threads) anywhere.

Thanks,
Vanspek

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,392 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I can't find spec's online but don't strip the threads they want $58 for the plug. Also Ram has two 3.0L diesels a V-6 [EXF] and the inline 4 [EXG] and the Ram Promaster 3.0L Diesel [EXG] plug drain is #68094567AA . The part #s are different I only listed the EXG promaster part number. Call a dealer or go to a dealer with a mm ruler in hand and take a measurement.

·
Registered
227 Posts
so has anyone found a part number and source for a quick drain valve?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
After I changed my oil and eyeballed the drain plug. You don't want to put one on the diesel, as the drain plug is on the bottom of the oil pan. A quick drain plug would extend downward another 1.5 to 2 inches, witch makes it too easy to be knocked off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
would extend downward another 1.5 to 2 inches, witch makes it too easy to be knocked off.......I agree,plus,plugs removes fast anyway,why risk it.

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
And on the diesel it is so easy to get to as is the oil filter!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't find spec's online but don't strip the threads they want $58 for the plug. Also Ram has two 3.0L diesels a V-6 [EXF] and the inline 4 [EXG] and the Ram Promaster 3.0L Diesel [EXG] plug drain is #68094567AA . The part #s are different I only listed the EXG promaster part number. Call a dealer or go to a dealer with a mm ruler in hand and take a measurement.
Correct, the drain plug part number for the diesel engine is 68094567AA. I'll measure it and post the thread size.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Right, the diesel engine drain plug is a 68094323AA. I'll order one up, measure it and post the thread size tomorrow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Right, the diesel engine drain plug is a 68094323AA. I'll order one up, measure it and post the thread size tomorrow.
Did you ever order a quick-drain valve that matches the OE-plug's thread pitch of M14x1.5 ?

I'm going to order the Stahlbus drain valve plug variant (M14 x 1.5 x 12mm) - - but I hope the threaded portion is long enough to engage the oil pan's mating threads. Does anyone have a picture of the oil pan threads as a sanity check?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AMXAVX0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1Q2MUZ5VH0NXI&psc=1

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am about to change the oil on my wife's 2016 Q3 Quattro TSFI; I have a new drain plug coming with a new crush-able washer, along with 5L of Liqui Moly Longtime High Tech oil and a new K&N oil filter; I am wondering if anyone knows the torque specifications for the new drain plug and possibly the new filter. Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Super Moderator
9,480 Posts
Why are you looking for info on an Audi on the Promaster forum?☹

1 - 16 of 16 Posts