Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you all, for welcoming me here. Thank you all who keep this site up for us to enjoy.
My question is , when I got our PMC it’s maintenance records were never explained to us. It had 19,681 K miles for being a 2015. Anyway it now has around 23K miles and the oil change indicator has not come on yet? I checked oil level and it’s topped off and clear oil. Should I wait for indicator or change it? I want to maintain this little van, I plan to keep her a while.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
What is the recommended interval? It's been many years since "3 months or 3000 miles" was the recommended interval. Modern engines are cleaner, modern oils are better.

I don't know about the PMC but the big brother PM's interval is 10,000 miles. Consult your manual; a quick look around suggests the PMC also has an interval of 10,000 miles. So I suspect you don't have anything to worry about.

But you may feel better changing it (and the filter). And doing so will give you the comfort that it's fresh and, importantly, of the right viscosity (because currently, you don't know what kind of oil is in there despite it being clear). An oil change isn't that expensive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For my 2019 PMC ... it basically says to use the oil change indicator light, but in no circumstances exceed 10k miles. See photo from owners manual. Hope that is more helpful than just telling you to look it up ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir, I was just asking because I got no service records. I don’t really want to “risk” anything. Just being safe then sorry, I plan to keep her a long time. It’s our business and well, rather ask the experts here. Thanks for posting the pic tho, I’m just change it, or wait for light whichever comes first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 68, 000 miles on my Promaster city and the change oil indicator comes regularly at 8,000 mile intervals.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting I was simply asking because I rather be safe. That’s good, I’m grateful for our little van. Thanks again

·
Registered
6 Posts
@probender ; that’s about the same for mine also. Not sure how smart the interval computer is... maybe it depends on engine cycles, strain, etc. maybe it’s not that smart! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts