Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having difficulties getting their oil changed at dealers. I have a 2016 Diesel and the last place I took it... Classic Jeep [Texarkana, TX] did not have the tools needed to remove the oil pan drain screw. The service writer I had did not even know how to start the vehicle -- I had to go out and show her how to start the vehicle.

No [P]/Park on the Diesel transmission -- you turn off the vehicle in [D]/Drive.

You have to put your foot on the break, insert the key, rotate 1/2 turn, let the dashboard diagnostics finish, shift into [N]/Neutral, then rotate an additional 1/2 turn. Shift into [D]/Drive, remove parking break (located on the LEFT side of the drivers seat), release the break and use the accelerator.

Let me know if you are having and difficulties with getting service on the 2016 Diesel at RAM Dealers.

Thanks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow! Find a certified PM dealer in Texas? Here in So. Cal. I use Jack Powell Ram, Chrysler, Dodge dealership and they have a dedicated service Tech for Pro Masters. They know what they are doing! Good luck!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My biggest problem other than the sheer length of time it takes (6.5 hours my last Orlando oil change) is the inspection included with the change. I've caught misrepresentation on those inspections almost every time. As I'm on the road pretty consistently. I count on these people to catch a potential issue prior to it leaving me stranded. My faith in the service guys is shot. I've even had them fail to replace oil caps and tighten filters. I'm counting down the days until local shops carry the low ash synthetic

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Wow! My dealer (Tri City Ram in Somersworth NH) has been great. They did the oil service, the trailer hitch recall and a multipoint inspection, reset the service mileage, etc in 1-1/2 hours and had everything perfect except a tad high on the dipstick. I check shops' work always. No funny business on the inspection either! You went to the wrong dealer!

·
Registered
888 Posts
My biggest problem other than the sheer length of time it takes (6.5 hours my last Orlando oil change) is the inspection included with the change. I've caught misrepresentation on those inspections almost every time. As I'm on the road pretty consistently. I count on these people yto catch a potential issue prior to it leaving me stranded. My faith in the service guys is shot. I've even had them fail to replace oil caps and tighten filters. I'm counting down the days until local shops carry the low ash synthetic

What dealer in Orlando? I'll be sure to avoid him.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fields in I think it was Sanford. Beautiful place, even had a free ice cream bar. But even I can't eat 6 hours worth of ice cream.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts