Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My company just put me in a 2014 pm 3500 diesel and I have a few questions about its handling off road. We are using the pm as a service truck in coal mines, limestone quarries and other places that have large off road equipment and some can be a challenge to get to. We have been in a Chevy rear wheel drive van until now and the pm is a very nice upgrade in my opinion just worried how it will handle mud and or sandy conditions. Anyone ever had such experiences with the pm off road?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Your PM will go anywhere your old Chevy did and then some. I had mine on some very steep forestry roads getting to back country trails this summer. Even pulled a trailer at times. The front wheel drive really makes a difference when it comes to traction. I grew up getting stuck with Ford and Chevy vans living in rural Alberta and have been on both drill and mine sites. Other than having a 4x4 Sprinter your PM will beat them all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear sounds like our boss man made a good decision then, we were really getting tired of the Chevy vans. Really looking forward to getting out into the field with this pm the extra room is nice

·
Registered
56 Posts
Had the Promaster on the Mojave road this fall and it did great. Can not do the hard core 4wheel drive stuff but it mostly gets me where I want to go. Drove in down Schnebly Hill down into Sedona without a problem and have had it on some back roads in Colorado. Wish the rear axel was not so low but all in all I am happy with my Promaster as a back country camper. It handles great and can make tight turns amazingly well for a large vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,503 Posts
At Canyonlands NP, some folks followed us to the campground to get a better look at this marvelous vehicle that could go where some cars feared to trod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts