Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Backroader II a 2020 136 HT
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The two OEM interior lights in the cargo area. Did you incorporate them into your build? Find a more useful/creative use for that circut? Or, did you just remove the lights (does cutting the lines to those lights cause any issue with the PM’s other lights)?

My slo-motion build continues. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2019 Granite Grey 2500 159 WB
31 Posts
The two OEM interior lights in the cargo area. Did you incorporate them into your build? Find a more useful/creative use for that circut? Or, did you just remove the lights (does cutting the lines to those lights cause any issue with the PM’s other lights)?

I moved the one by the slider door to the bottom side of the sink base so when the slider is opened it shines on the floor and exterior step. The rear light was moved into the garage space in the back to light the contents, very handy at night. Best of luck.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Replaced with 3 LED from a Ford transit, plug and play except for rear , had to customize a bracket.

Grille Product Hood Black Automotive design

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Lighting

Reactions: Steve

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
4,569 Posts
I use puck lights connected with a dimmer to the house batteries for most lighting, but...

I did connect the cargo light wiring (slider and back door) to a small amber/yellow LED that's close to where the cargo lights were. When we're camping, I don't like the idea of bright white lights turning on when I open a door. So now, the amber lights come on... no bugs, and plenty of light to see around with.

This thread has some pics, along with the same LED light I installed for the back door outside.

Outside Back-of-Van Nightlight

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
7,691 Posts
I reinstalled them in their original positions, except I turned the rear one 180°. We might use the rear one once a year. I don’t remember ever using the side one. Back in 2015, I think there was more mystery surrounding the van electrical system and we were more loathe to interfere with it than we might be today.

Hmmm. Now that I think about it, that rear one might be useful for peering into the freezer if I turn it back to its original position.

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
1,227 Posts
I reinstalled them in their original positions, except I turned the rear one 180°. We might use the rear one once a year. I don’t remember ever using the side one. Back in 2015, I think there was more mystery surrounding the van electrical system and we were more loathe to interfere with it than we might be today.

Hmmm. Now that I think about it, that rear one might be useful for peering into the freezer if I turn it back to its original position.
Why you p in freezer?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts