Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to source a driver side window for my 118. At present I have a fixed metal panel.

I spoke with a knowledgeable Dodge parts guy, he looked up my VIN, found the number for my sliding door window, then found a similar driver window part number that he thinks is the "mirror side" to my existing window.

Passenger side sliding door glass #68247781AA
Driver side glass #68247781AB

According to the parts guy, Dodge will differentiate from left and right by using A and B a the end of the parts code.

If I order the glass, it's non returnable.

The other thing that I'm wondering is whether there is a frame or mount associated with the window or if it's just glued to the van...

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,530 Posts
According to the parts guy, Dodge will differentiate from left and right by using A and B a the end of the parts code....

The other thing that I'm wondering is whether there is a frame or mount associated with the window or if it's just glued to the van...
On a number of small parts I have ordered for the Promaster, the A and B designations were used for left and right.

My passenger slider has OEM glass that is glued - no frame. Same with my OEM rear door windows. The metal has a finished edge that you see from the inside. I added CRL windows, they DO have a frame, but the factory windows I have DO NOT.

Ed

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked my Dodge parts guy to pull up my VIN 118 sliding door with glass and the VIN from a 136 low with dual sliding doors with glass. He compared the parts number and the OEM windows for the 118, 136, and 159 sliding doors are the same order codes. In other words, they are the same size :)

Part #68247781AA , AB
AA = Left Side
AB = Right Side

I'm not sure how or who determined that the 118 will not accept a CRL window, but we may need to double check those measurements...

·
Registered
604 Posts
I asked my Dodge parts guy to pull up my VIN 118 sliding door with glass and the VIN from a 136 low with dual sliding doors with glass. He compared the parts number and the OEM windows for the 118, 136, and 159 sliding doors are the same order codes. In other words, they are the same size :)

Part #68247781AA , AB
AA = Left Side
AB = Right Side

I'm not sure how or who determined that the 118 will not accept a CRL window, but we may need to double check those measurements...
They're wrong the 118" is shorter. All the others are the same... I wish they weren't...:|

·
Registered
184 Posts
Isn't the sliding door on the 118WB about six inches shorter than the sliding door on the 136WB and 159WB?

Since the glass is the full width of the door, how could the glass for all of those vehicles have the same part number?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Isn't the sliding door on the 118WB about six inches shorter than the sliding door on the 136WB and 159WB?

Since the glass is the full width of the door, how could the glass for all of those vehicles have the same part number?
Exactly, but for us 118" owners, unfortunately... :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone check the numbers or do some measurements, I have a 118, someone with a 136 could measure theirs and we can compare. I worked the parts guy through the numbers and he seemed like he knew his stuff, certainly better than us.

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, he could be wrong, , but he had the fiche in front of him.

So do you have fiche access? If so, can you tell whether there is a corresponding driver side fixed glass?

I measured my 118 sliding window and talked with CRL this morning, clearly there is a difference, fortunately I can still order a fixed side window to match the window in my slider; at least I think I can.

CRL can make a fixed window custom and they would be willing to make a vent window custom, but there would be a minimum order of ~50 units. I'm going to talk with Eurocamper and see if they'd move the discussion forward.

Anyone for a group buy? I'll take four :)

Wow, Ben I admire you're determination to have this be true, but you're "parts" guy is very, very wrong on this one.

Look at measurement "L508" on each page- one for 118" and one for 136":

118" http://www.rambodybuilder.com/iph/iph2014/ph2014/phvan/phvf/phvf1500/phvf1500118l1h1.pdf

136"
http://www.rambodybuilder.com/iph/iph2014/ph2014/phvan/phvf/phvf1500/phvf1500136l2h1.pdf

If he can make that work, I'll get him to buy me a powerball lottery ticket next time the pots up over 200 million. >:D

·
Registered
604 Posts
Fiche access? Nope. But I truly think none of them know what's going on...

Example? Look at this page from a parts website.

https://moparonlineparts.com/mop-parts/#parts ((Three other parts website show the same thing))

Same stock number for "deep tint" window glass for a 118". Same stock number for both. (which I believe could be true as they "should" be identical if they're a rectangle of glass)

Then a different stock number for clear glass, but one says 118" the other says 136" & 159". Probably just a typo but???

Your'e "parts guys" number are yet different from the websites:

Part #68247781AA , AB
AA = Left Side
AB = Right Side

Totally different numbers and with the AA & AB claiming right and left and other site doesn't list it like that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ben, is your slider door Glass a deep Tint Glass? & is that part # from your Van? I'm getting ready to Order one, or 2 for my 118 & want to be sure it's the deep tint OEM part number? Thank you, Tommy

·
Registered
399 Posts
...Then a different stock number for clear glass, but one says 118" the other says 136" & 159". Probably just a typo but???...
That would be true if you're talking about the middle glass. The doors are the same on 136 & 159 and the body seam on the driver's side is in the same location.

It's easy enough to verify if the slider glass part will fit on the other side. Just trace a template of it and try it. Even though it has a slight curve vertically, I think it's perfectly rectangular. I held my framing square up against one and it looked square front and back. The length of the glass measured slightly less than the driver side panel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts