Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered that my odometer was flashing and when I turned on the A/C it didn't come on. There was no DTC and the vehicle ran okay just no A/C and the annoying odometer flashing. I thought the problem with the A/C was the 40A blower fan fuse but it checked okay. Then this morning I noticed that the instrument display was darker than normal, works fine when the lights are on however. So this led me to think that maybe a fuse for the instrument panel was blown so when I had a chance I looked in the manual but couldn't figure out which fuse was for the panel lighting. I decided to check the fuses inside under the dash with a small probe I had from my trailer wiring kit and many of the fuses are powered even with the vehicle off but some are not. Before starting the van I pulled several smaller fuses, 5 and 7.5 and even a 10 amp or two which all appeared to be fine. When I started the van the panel was lit up, my odometer was not flashing and the A/C was working. Apparently I had jarred a fuse loose when installing my trailer brake controller circuitry and simply reseating the fuses fixed the problem. I wish I knew which fuse was the culprit, nevertheless if you get a flashing odometer it just might be a fuse problem.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts