Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, guys, let's start a thread with tricks that are so obvious that nobody would ever dare to do a topic on the subject . :)

So, here's the first one I learned from my wife:

How to shut the side door without slamming it

The trick is to use both arms, the right one sliding the door, the left one helping a little but giving a push on the door at the very right time. With a bit a practice, you'll be able to shut the door without any effort!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Just like my VW Doka, the trick is to push the latch in with firmness (back of the door', you don't need to slam it - you need to understand it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is slamming the door really bad for it? I'm pretty sure they build it to put up with stuff like that.

Thanks for the 'trick' though.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wow, it's amazing how much easier the side door shuts with the front (or any other) door open. But if you're camping in it and need to shut it from inside, and have the partition (and can't get to the back doors, or are too lazy to), SOL. The edges on the side door and where it hits are already all dinged up, going to talk to the dealer about that.

BTW, I have insulated and paneled the van but notice that my back doors don't shut tight (can see light around the edges when dark inside and light out), kinda defeats the purpose of insulating - anybody else notice this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do notice that. Mine is used for work and I am in and out of it with dirty boots and all. An RV would be build would be a different story. I am going to ask the dealer to look at mine when I go back for my side door repair. I have to pull up really hard on the handle and it only releases at the very end.

Still not hating the van so far....

·
Registered
259 Posts
BTW, I have insulated and paneled the van but notice that my back doors don't shut tight (can see light around the edges when dark inside and light out), kinda defeats the purpose of insulating - anybody else notice this?

I adjusted the latch, loosened it, pushed it in toward the van, tightened it, shuts tight with no visible light now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was in the back of my PM last night trying to figure out where the water was coming from that was pooling at the right rear door area and noticed light coming in at the bottom of the door. Going to have to try and adjust it this weekend. Might even help stop the water from coming in through the door seals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sparky - thats what my door did right before it completing wouldn't open, I kept feeling like it was getting harder and harder to open, like the cable was stretching or something, then it just stopped opening 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Heres something I learned today after driving my PM for 9 days. If you push the trip reset button it'll give all kinds of info, including average MPG. Suppose I should read the manual...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts