Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
The dick screen says service transmission. This van does not like Ohio last time CEL was on, turbo boost, was also in Ohio. I'm in limp home mode (16.2mph) but that's 1300 miles away. Drove to a dealers lot will see what happens Monday.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Ouch, sorry you are down.
I am trying to think how that code would work on a manual transmission. As you probably know on an Automatic it gets flashed if the torque converter or input shaft is not turning at the speed the output shaft sensor expects, I believe. I expect it might be thrown if the transmission is not in the gear the ECU shifted into?? Or perhaps it senses a “missed shift or actuator error on the AMT???
If it wasn’t for messing up warrantee issues I’d be tempted to clear the code, disconnect the battery for a few minutes and go through a new start up and shift. But then again I would probably screw up my van!! There have been so few issues with this transmission there is not much help.
Did any odd shifting sounds or speed changes accompany the code? This will be interesting but I hope it is a quick and pertinent fix.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stopped at a Micky-Dees for coffee and free wifi. Leaving the parking lot, turned left into traffic that's when I found out no guts all glory. I can't remember whether I was in D or M when this happened. When I could look at the dick screen it said shifting was not allowed just 1st and 2nd max rpm was about 2200 unless you went downhill rpms went up to 4500 but no upshift. I did pull into a parking lot right after and ran my options and thought it best to drive to dealer without shutting down.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my search for the po716 code in the UK, I can't find it mentioned as a problem on the Ducato. Of course I may not be searching in the right place. The best info I have come up with is this code is for sensor "A" has more to do with bad resistance (loose wires/bad crimp) than a faulty sensor. In the states GM seems to have a problem with this code loose wires more than the sensor. On GM the sensor "A" is buried in the tran not an easy fix.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As of 1pm today the sensor was ordered and is to be delivered tomorrow. That's all I know, but the good is they are working on it with out an appointment.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As of 5:30pm 08/16/16 van is fixed and running, not bad with having to wait a day for parts. When I took it to dealer on Sat service was closed, so four days down two in the shop. The clock time was .75 so part must have been external. They also replaced my speakers which my home town dealer said needed to be replaced and ordered but never called me back to be installed.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Wouldn’t it have been nice to have been able to get to the dealer mid-afternoon on a weekday and let them get the part that night and have been on the road the next morning by say noon? I say that because I really don’t like motel rooms, at least the ones I am wiling to pay for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts