Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well , I'm finished and I got the pics to prove it. :)
I thought you guys might like to see these if you are thinking about doing your own camper build.

5 1/2 months / 300 hours +/-
$8500 in parts & materials
1209 lbs build weight
Did everything but the upholstery.

If you click on a pic, it will take you to a photobucket album with 80 odd pics.

Man, I'm glad that's finished . . .

·
Registered
58 Posts
The ideas and material choices could be applied to a Promaster. I for one appreciate looking at others ideas & choices and possibly integrate those into my build.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dennis V, Your build is awesome !! simple and clean but Im dying to learn more about how you did the suspended ceiling look I'm assuming that's wood and that was installed over the panels to cover the joints or were the panels fastened to the white trim afterwards. I'm new to this build out thing, trying to surf the nv,sprinter,pm sites to even decide what vehicle to build upon.Will be taking it to rough trail heads out in western mountains,need off the grid style build.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dennis V, Your build is awesome !! simple and clean but Im dying to learn more about how you did the suspended ceiling look I'm assuming that's wood and that was installed over the panels to cover the joints or were the panels fastened to the white trim afterwards. I'm new to this build out thing, trying to surf the nv,sprinter,pm sites to even decide what vehicle to build upon.Will be taking it to rough trail heads out in western mountains,need off the grid style build.
There isn't any paneling in the ceiling or walls.
That's 5" x 3/8" laminate flooring about 30-32" long screwed into the metal roof ribs. With all screws covered by the white trim. The second level of ceiling at the wall joint hides the steel knuckles where the roof meets the sidewalls. It's not a design feature at all. It has to be there. That said, when I was done I was very pleased with the way it looks. Makes it more interesting than a single plane ceiling.

Take a good long look at steel framework at all these vans before you buy.
Some will be easier to build on than the others.

The NV wasn't very easy to build on. The PM actually looks pretty good in that respect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts