Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now EPA going after the Ram Diesels for cheating....will this mean I may not be able to get a Diesel Promaster this year....I was about to try and order one.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Shares of Fiat Chrysler plunged on Thursday after the United States Environmental Protection Agency accused the automaker of using software that allowed excess diesel emissions in about 100,000 vehicles. US-listed shares of Fiat Chrysler plunged more than 18 percent Thursday after Reuters first reported the news.

The accusation is over U.S. trucks and SUVs sold since 2014, according to Reuters sources briefed on the matter. The sources said the EPA told the automaker it believes its undeclared emissions control software allowed vehicles to generate excess pollution in violation of the law. Source cnbc.com, http://tinyurl.com/jobptvs
. ..Anyone else see a FCA bug just get splattered across our windshields?

Attachments

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,764 Posts
Involves, 2014, 2015 and 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokees and Dodge Ram 1500 trucks with 3.0 liter diesel engines

source EPA news release Jan 12, 17

·
Registered
499 Posts
I know this is referring to the 3.0L V6, but it doesn't bode well for my 2017 Diesel order! I fear my build plans are going to be severely delayed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I knew this would be coming. Not just for FCA, but for ALL the manufacturers. I believe everybody cheated, not just VW.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So if you already own a 2015 Promaster with the Diesel engine is there a risk here? Was about to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
770 Posts
The EPA is after the RAM V-6 diesels only at this time, our Promasters are inline 4-cylinder diesels...

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Has FCA been, and will they continue to, actively sell the V-6 Eco-diesel (pickups, jeeps)? It still doesn't explain why the PM I-4 Eco-diesel was sidelined earlier. Both V-6 and I-4 are Italian, which the EPA apparently suspects is too close to German.

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
They are produced by the same company MV Mortori. I hope we are not included but....... if so they are not getting my diesel back without a fight, or about $40k http://www.vmmotori.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there a precedent for how these situations are handled? Do they actually ask for your vehicle back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Is there a precedent for how these situations are handled? Do they actually ask for your vehicle back?
Not really. VW started this domino avalanche, so they are furthest along. Basically it's all voluntary: settlement cash, repair, or buy-back.
Anyone remember the GMC diesel car fiasco that spawned a huge class-action suit back the '70s? It's been blamed for souring NAmerican consumers and manufactures on diesels for decades. Well, it's happening again .....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would gladly let them buy my diesel Promaster back. Van is a Lemon. Have had my 2014 Promaster in shop on average every 4-5 months in less than 2 years!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts