Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We seem to be beyond the days of most new posters commenting on the squeaky brakes, squeaking bushings, leaking radiator, dying U-Connect, CEL, limp to dealer, etc. Yes there are still a few, mostly early builds being sold off lots but over-all it seems the Promaster may have come of age.
My diesel gets built on 6/12/15 so I am expecting a trouble free vehicle (fingers crossed).
Here is a big Shout Out to the early adopters who beta tested the new van for a year and a half on our behalf. Thank you all for holding FCA's feet to the fire and purging the issues inherent in any complex computer driven mechanical device as it is newly manufactured. We have felt your pain and we appreciate your sharing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
We seem to be beyond the days of most new posters commenting on the squeaky brakes, squeaking bushings, leaking radiator, dying U-Connect, CEL, limp to dealer, etc. Yes there are still a few, mostly early builds being sold off lots but over-all it seems the Promaster may have come of age.
My diesel gets built on 6/12/15 so I am expecting a trouble free vehicle (fingers crossed).
Here is a big Shout Out to the early adopters who beta tested the new van for a year and a half on our behalf. Thank you all for holding FCA's feet to the fire and purging the issues inherent in any complex computer driven mechanical device as it is newly manufactured. We have felt your pain and we appreciate your sharing.

Megadittos and up the irons!!
:)PP

·
Registered
473 Posts
My personal opinion here and just based on what's been posted on here, I really don't think the PM was ready to be released and sold when it initially came out in 2014.
Whether that was due to FCA just bringing the initial design straight over from Europe with very little North American parts upgrades, or just poor engineering, who knows??

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
My personal opinion here and just based on what's been posted on here, I really don't think the PM was ready to be released and sold when it initially came out in 2014.

Whether that was due to FCA just bringing the initial design straight over from Europe with very little North American parts upgrades, or just poor engineering, who knows??

I have a semi early build gas and it's been flawless. Brake squeal is all I have and it's minor. I think the PM is the same as any new model and had a few build quality issues to iron out. No design flaws. The diesel is problematic but it seems the issues are no different than what the Sprinter still has.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
9,107 Posts
Same here, other than meaningless brake squeal, a bad GPS unit and a possible leaky radiator I've had nothing but good luck with my Promaster in the 11 months and 20k miles I've owned it.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,862 Posts
Mine was a very early build--11/13. No problems except the recalls, but in 7 months, I've only put on 3,000 miles, and it will be another three months before it is driven again. We need to get some serious miles on it before the warranties run--I wish they still offered the lifetime warranty to original owner.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's pointless to keep posting about things that don't get fixed. Still waiting for all of the early problems to be resolved, but overall it's a pretty decent vehicle....

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's pointless to keep posting about things that don't get fixed. Still waiting for all of the early problems to be resolved, but overall it's a pretty decent vehicle....
I hear you but posting about what is wrong (or great) by many gives us a pattern to judge our purchases and uses. I was very influenced by Adrian when I needed to make the decision about a diesel. Finding how other's diesels were fairing was important too. It made me come to the conclusion the diesel had some production errors (switched sensor wires) and some software glitches, but no significant pattern of failure. Not that there weren't bad experiences. I weighed them all and ordered a van that I believe will be well sorted by the time it is manufactured in June.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Very very windy on Thurs. and Fri. Van was stable as..... on the highway.
So no problems with that.
Waiting for my 12 volt rv fridge that I ordered on march 4th.

So back to being quiet.........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts