Ram Promaster Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Phill has the right idea I posted about this in post #44 the utube link is not of a promaster and it's an older car but you get the idea. I believe there are more and better utubes. If its new spider webs and bugs making themselves at home probably the cause.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mine has the occasional issue with poor filling. I just pull the nozzle out an inch, rest it and try again. That usually does it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have had some problem with this. At first it was every once in a while and then progressed to every time I filled up. I was always able to move the nozzle back out or further in and adjusted the flow and filled all the way up. When in Austin I always fill up at the same station near my house. Never had the problem anywhere else I filled up on trips or wherever. About a month or so ago my station installed all new pumps with new hoses and nozzles. Last 4 fill ups no problem.....so far.;) Maybe newer nozzles work better. I always insert the nozzle in as far as I can get it. Don't know if that helps or not. Hard to say.

·
Super Moderator
8,396 Posts
I relate it to pump speed and flow as much as anything, in my experience. Some pumps require me to constantly keep squeezing the trigger while others just fill away and shut off when totally full on their own.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
In the "Screw through gas tank" discussion there is a post, #13 where I-fly-low had his tank replaced because of fueling issues.

"Each time I fueled my Promaster (after I got home) the gas pump would click off after about 3 seconds. Took it to the local Dodge dealership, they ordered a new tank and installed it in a day, totally under warranty."

·
Super Moderator
8,396 Posts
I think it’s a combination of both problems but there is no doubt after 128k miles and 5 years that certain pumps also cause this. There was an issue with venting on some fill pipes also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Add me to the list of people with this issue. Curious @HandyAndy, did you get the tank replaced (and then did they do the filler neck)? My dealership is also saying next after vapor canister (they already replaced) is the gas tank. Sigh.

From looking on moparparts, seems like the old filler neck part is 52029483AC and the new one is 52029483AD.
No, I did not get the tank replaced. When filling, I hold the handle of the pump at about 2:00 and that usually fixes the problem. I only have about another six months left on my warrantee, so it is time for me to decide if I am going to have it replaced.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have this issue once in a while with my 2019. Last fill took me about a half hour. Pump would shut off as soon as I pulled the lever, getting a few cents worth of gas at a time. That was at a brand new station.

·
Super Moderator
8,396 Posts
Although Promasters can be sensitive to fill ups, in this case I think it’s a service station problem. I have had this happen to me at certain station or pumps. Just moving to another pump in the same station can make a difference!

81 - 90 of 90 Posts