Registered
2,377 Posts
I think I based the problem on these images,
parts of the pump, mainly the two valves

and the problem

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Phill has the right idea I posted about this in post #44 the utube link is not of a promaster and it's an older car but you get the idea. I believe there are more and better utubes. If its new spider webs and bugs making themselves at home probably the cause.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine has the occasional issue with poor filling. I just pull the nozzle out an inch, rest it and try again. That usually does it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have had some problem with this. At first it was every once in a while and then progressed to every time I filled up. I was always able to move the nozzle back out or further in and adjusted the flow and filled all the way up. When in Austin I always fill up at the same station near my house. Never had the problem anywhere else I filled up on trips or wherever. About a month or so ago my station installed all new pumps with new hoses and nozzles. Last 4 fill ups no problem.....so far.;) Maybe newer nozzles work better. I always insert the nozzle in as far as I can get it. Don't know if that helps or not. Hard to say.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
In the "Screw through gas tank" discussion there is a post, #13 where I-fly-low had his tank replaced because of fueling issues.

"Each time I fueled my Promaster (after I got home) the gas pump would click off after about 3 seconds. Took it to the local Dodge dealership, they ordered a new tank and installed it in a day, totally under warranty."

81 - 89 of 89 Posts