Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few of us got together on Tuesday to show off and compare our Promaster conversions. It was a cold, dark and rainy day but everyone enjoyed the opportunity to see the others work!

KOV, RD and Msnomer were kind enough to pose for the camera. Unfortunately, Proeddie couldn't get away this time but perhaps the next.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,712 Posts
I'm glad you guys were able to get together with our visitors from afar! Given the logos and emblems, it looks like an international event. :)

Thanks for posting these pics. The first picture looks like you're ready to rumble with a rival Transit gang. I'm glad someone said, "Smile" for the second one!

Ed

Kov... looks like the garage door was made for the height of your Promaster... nice!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great photo !! I didn't realize the ' Northeast roaster meeting ' was an international event !! Nice to see a Promaster represented. :)

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
I hope everyone has recovered from my Chili Verdi. When you let a guy stray from his Vermont roots he is apt tp pick up bad habits in food. Hot chili is good for you, kills H. pylori which causes ulcers! No really it does!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Nice! Good to see this and to bad about the weather. Was a terrible weekend here, windy, snow Saturday morning.
So what do you people think of each others vans?

·
Super Moderator
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was very interesting to check them all out. I believe we all learned some new tricks. RD's Chili Verde was excellent - thanks RD!

Now, if I can just learn to spell Promaster things will be perfect. Unfortunately thread titles are not editable ;(

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Flannel, who would have guessed.... Styl'n! KOV's van is a 159, he has some floor to ceiling cabinets and a bed he leaves open all the time but with the lenght it still feels spacious. Msnomer's is a 136 with a bed open all the time too and lots of storage under the bed. No overhead cabinets but lots of windows so it has the best view out which also gives a sense of openness. Mine is a 136 and we collapse the bet to a sofa and it has a permanent dinette so it has lots of floor space and narrow overhead cabinets along each side, a comfortable feel too. Three different kinds of refrigerators, different ceiling treatments, three ways of insulating but all wonderful tiny houses to travel in. We did three tours, asked lots of questions, discovered features and enjoyed the day.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm wandering the northeast (enroute to the Canadian Maritimes) if anyone is up for another meet.

Anyone that's interested can track me here: MapShare on my Take The Long Way blog.

·
Super Moderator
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks as if you are taking the long route! I'm off to Montreal in the morning for the long weekend but look us up on your way back if you go thru Portsmouth NH!

·
Registered
338 Posts
A few of us got together on Tuesday to show off and compare our Promaster conversions. It was a cold, dark and rainy day but everyone enjoyed the opportunity to see the others work!

KOV, RD and Msnomer were kind enough to pose for the camera. Unfortunately, Proeddie couldn't get away this time but perhaps the next.

I must say, that's a good lookin group of....Promasters!:laugh:

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,833 Posts
Steve, we are headed to the Canadian Maritimes next week, loose itinerary. I will PM you.

We really enjoyed our grown-up Pinewood Derby. Our builds are so different that it's hard for the brain to accept we started with the same box. You'd have no trouble matching us to our vans because each reflects our personalities.

In addition to the fellowship and great food, we all learned stuff. It was a great day.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Wait a minute there! One IS a Promaster but one is a Fiat Ducato and the other is a Citroën Jumper! Anyone notice how much higher my 2015 1500 136 sandstone is than Msnomer's 2014 1500 White?? What did they do? I probably have less weight in mine but not much less. I plan to have my springs re-arched to lower it about 3 inches, nearer level front to back. KOV removed the second spring and added airbags so he has a bit more control of the height.

·
Registered
625 Posts
If you're measuring from that photo, don't. Too many sources for parallax error. Its not a known flat surface, the vans aren't parked exactly even with each other, and the camera isn't lined up just right.

Now, if you measured the bumper or wheelwell height of both while parked on the same flat (and horizontal) surface, that's the way to do it...

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
The distance over the tire to the wheel well was greater on my van by ABOUT 1 1/2 inches too. I wasn't trying to get the definitive measurement I was just surprized mine was higher and bu quite a bit. No measurement was taken nor needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts