Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to hear from people who know of areas in the NC mountains for overnighting the van. Preferably like a ski area parking lot, or similar natural setting. We have stayed at 2 campgrounds one privately owned and one state owned but its not the setting were looking for.

Natural setting, private, legal, paid or free.

We may purchase land in the future to resolve this issue.

thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2020 Promaster 2500, 159wb
72 Posts
Check on Hipcamp.com?

We've started using this because most weekends campgrounds are full.

These are folks who have land or a driveway and for a nominal fee you rent a spot. Like AirBnB but camp sites!

I see lots of places listed around Asheville.

Or, if we are really stuck we use Free Camping Near You | Go Camping for Free! (freecampsites.net) to find parking lots or pull outs that others have stayed and report as safe to spend a night.

Happy Camping!

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
989 Posts
Once you start looking you'll see innumerable places to camp across western NC, countless waterfalls to explore too. Here are two I've been to with my van.

Mt Pisgah campground on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Mt Pisgah is really nice. It's a steep, short but great hike up to the top with 360 views of the mountains: Mount Pisgah Campground, Blue Ridge Parkway - Recreation.gov

The Davidson River campground is another great spot, not far from Brevard, NC - land of the white squirrels: Davidson River Campground — Pisgah Campgrounds

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don’t know if it’s currently open, but if you stay up at the Mt Pisgah campground, definitely eat dinner at the restaurant. The view is insane.
59DE04B2-DD21-4C38-9A31-13CE30529C86.jpeg 6B79AA24-C7D3-4B71-96D3-618FD805A9CF.jpeg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts