Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was dreading this Sunday as it was daylight savings time, for one, less time outdoors after finishing up work. Two, my clock is off on the instrument panel. Since i removed my factory Uconnect and added a Pioneer headunit, I have no way of changing the time on the instrument panel. It isn't a huge deal but an annoyance when I see the wrong time.

Do you non-uconnect owners use the arrow buttons and mode button on the left side of the steering wheel to do this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I was dreading this Sunday as it was daylight savings time, for one, less time outdoors after finishing up work. Two, my clock is off on the instrument panel. Since i removed my factory Uconnect and added a Pioneer headunit, I have no way of changing the time on the instrument panel. It isn't a huge deal but an annoyance when I see the wrong time.

Do you non-uconnect owners use the arrow buttons and mode button on the left side of the steering wheel to do this?
I have the bear bones striped down PM, basic every thing, no power mirrors, one arm rest, no back up cam, ect... I have the single din factory radio some call the NO-connect, I had to use the input arrows to change the clock on the instrument panel and the radio itself to change the radio time. Just make sure you are in park (I wasn't at first, would not let me do much in drive) and it was real straight forward for the panel clock, I had to google the radio clock because the owners manual is all about the nicer radios.

·
Registered
2015 Promaster 3500 159 Ext gas silver
185 Posts
Andrew
The owner's manual explains use of the mode buttons starting on page 143. You can set time and a number of other things. If your clock doesn't show up at all there may be something else going on. If you don't have your manual here is the link:

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/owners/manuals/

Reactions: Andrew Crane

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andrew
The owner's manual explains use of the mode buttons starting on page 143. You can set time and a number of other things. If your clock doesn't show up at all there may be something else going on. If you don't have your manual here is the link:

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/owners/manuals/
Thanks for the info. Since mine had the uconnect it wont let me change the time with the mode buttons. I wonder if there is a way to have the CANBUS system reprogrammed to fix this?

·
Registered
810 Posts

yes.. I have the basic radio and NO aux port, and I change my clock using the Mode and up/down arrow buttons.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Odd. I can't check now but I seem to remember the mode buttons work IN ADDITION to the radio (which I don't have so I can 't check). Remember you must be stopped and in neutral for those options to come up. In gear the only option is the buzzer volume or some such a thing.

·
Super Moderator
10,123 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised to find my uconnect 5 automatically set the correct time Sunday morning. It must come from the built in GPS?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts