Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once in a while when I turn the key I hear a click in all the locks and the info (mpg, etc.) resets itself and the starter doesn't respond. Usually I try it again and the engine starts and everything is fine but reset (sometime it takes another one or two tries.) Also, occasionally I'll look at the dash info and it's flickering, not always, just once in a while. Has either of these things happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had an electric problem develop. Initially vehicle wasn't starting as it was showing a intermittent security issue on dash. Few weeks later van wouldn't start, key stuck in the ignition. Had to be towed away. It's been in the shop for 7 weeks. Corroded wiring harness, part can't be found by Chrysler.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wow, from my experience dealer mechanics aren't so good or quick at troubleshooting.. good luck, hopefully you'll get it back soon.

·
Registered
90 Posts
7 weeks? That is crazy.

What caused the corrosion? Was there a water leak below the windshield at the cowl? Leaking has been reported on the Ducato as an issue, the 2015 design looks like it potentially addresses the design flaw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts