Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2015 city 2 days ago. I looked under the car expecting to see a spare tire and the spot were it looks like it goes is empty. Did I get screwed by the dealer or do these not come with spare tires?

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
What you bought and paid for is listed on your Monroney, read that carefully. You may not have gotten the spare because you did not pay for it. That's not being screwed it's not doing your due diligence. Many vehicles today do not have spare tires but opt for a repair kit instead and many are very expensive vehicles too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here new owner no spare. Plus I have a grinding sounding rear brake when I back out of driveway. Silver slt.... New leftover 2015 too cheap not to buy!! Traded my nv200.... This seems much better quality and MUCH more power! Oh and better ride too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine also didn't come with a spare. I wasn't surprised, as the spare on my wife's Fiat was an option when we bought that a few years ago. At first, I thought it was strange, but then I realized how many years it's been since I needed a spare. Not only that, I'm a member with AAA, my car insurance company offers roadside assistance, and a lot of the cars come with roadside assistance as well.

I don't think you got screwed by the dealer. I think you're just noticing part of a new trend in automobile manufacturing.

·
Registered
211 Posts
What you bought and paid for is listed on your Monroney, read that carefully. You may not have gotten the spare because you did not pay for it. That's not being screwed it's not doing your due diligence. Many vehicles today do not have spare tires but opt for a repair kit instead and many are very expensive vehicles too!
When I bought my 2015 last september,there was NO OPTION for a spare.Go to the ram promaster city 'build and price" for the 2016,no spare listed as an option last time I was on there.About a month ago.

I just did the build and price for a 2016 rpmcw slt,no spare listed in options.

·
Registered
154 Posts
There is a spare tire, its under your passenger seat inside a canvas case that looks like an air compressor.
P.S
You get roadside assistance anyways despite not having the spare.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. Clearly there is a well for a spare tire underneath. I really don't care if it's there or not, I just want to make sure that it wasn't removed by the dealer.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Here is another thread about this. LINK

There is also some discussion in this thread. LINK

You can have a spare tire added on. Our dealer let us use the upfit cash to pay for the spare. We have added the spare on all of our PMCs. Haven't had to use one yet.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Using the spare has become an unusual occurrence, I'll admit. I have a full sized "normal" tire as a spare on my PM and in the first 15,000 miles have used it to replace a rear tire. It picked up hardware which was driven under the tread but not into the casing. I had the spare dismounted, replaced the injured tire which I now use as the spare. I could have just changed them but I have the Aluminum wheels and you get only 4 of course. Still it was good to have a spare and these are 10 ply tires I believe, so on the PWC with lighter weight tires it seems likely there will come a time to use the spare. Before this I can't remember using a spare!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Here is another thread about this. LINK

There is also some discussion in this thread. LINK

You can have a spare tire added on. Our dealer let us use the upfit cash to pay for the spare. We have added the spare on all of our PMCs. Haven't had to use one yet.
Im still waiting for someone to post a picture of one installed too..haha.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Uconnect system in my PMC did not match up with features in the owners manual (car honks at fob locking of car, should be able to turn it off in the Uconnect system). It took some time, but as compensation FCA paid for my spare tire (reimbursed me after being provided a receipt). Just something to consider.

Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts