Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blowout yesterday at 11.30am. Tried using the 'tire repair' kit. Goop just oozed out. Hole in the tire. Unrepairable.

Called Chrysler Roadside Assistance. Tow truck was scheduled at 2.08pm. No show.

Called Roadside assistance again. Second truck scheduled for 4.21pm.

6pm still no show. BS excuses from the tow company contracted by Roadside Assistance.

Finally my girlfriend added me to her AAA. They had a tow truck to me within the hour.

I'm based in LA. 85 degrees out. I had my dog with me. Sitting in the shade on a side street. Neighbors call the cops on me. Great. Thank you. Cop was cool (I was doing nothing wrong btw).

That's Beverly Hills for you.

Finally got home at 8.30pm.

This scenario is completely unacceptable. What if I was in the mountains in 100 degree heat with no cell reception. Not having a spare tire is beyond crazy. I could have been on my way in ten mins.

I'll be buying a spare rim, jack and wrench. Lesson learned.

Made me miss my F-150.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Yeah, I prefer having a spare too.

Earlier this year I had first flat in well over 10 years (can't recall last one) while driving rental car. We came out of restaurant and tire was completely flat. My wife wanted to call their roadside assistance, but I told her we could be on our way before they even called it in. Since I wasn't familiar with car the tire change probably took 15 minutes or so. Well worth the effort to be in control of when it got done.

On a van where I'd want to visit remote locations I'd definitely want a spare.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Interesting timing of this thread. I'm at a tire shop getting four new tires after my right rear blew (into many pieces) on I-95. Tires were too old and I should have changed them.

At least my spare, which I hadn't used in over 10 years, got me off the Interstate and to nearest town. Confirmed for me I don't want to be without a spare, even if it's a compact tire.

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
535 Posts
When I picked up my PM2500 last month the sales guy was completely amazed that my van had a spare tire. He said they hardly ever came with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts