Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know folks are quick to complain when they have issues. Anyone else here just enjoying their PM for doing what it does well and running like an old shoe with no issues?
Mine's been running like a top and I can't help but notice that. Darn good old van!
I know I am tempting Murphy's Law to come boot my butt, but I thought stuff like this should be brought up from time to time. ;-)
Only thing broke on my PM is the cheap little hinge thingy on the cap to the washer fluid. It cracked apart last time I topped it off. That just means I have to not lose it when I have it off for refills.

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
457 Posts
Just broke 30,000 miles this week on our 2017. No problems for us and we use our van pretty hard. We have around 18-20,000 miles towing our travel trailer (3500lbs) while carrying our dirtbikes and mt bikes in the van.

·
Premium Member
2018 159 High Roof gas, BC, Canada
1,404 Posts
An indication of how well I'm enjoying my PM is that my most recent complaint thread was 6 months ago and it was about the heater knobs being too big. :D :p

·
Registered
550 Posts
Mines 5 years old, has a weird shifting issue that hasn't happened in awhile but probably will now that I brought it up and my radio blew up a year ago and I've been going to replace it next week since then. All in all, big fan of big van.

Oh, dealer broke a thing off during the recall, said it was already broken and wanted 200 to replace it, I said no thanks and whatever. Was a ~3ft x 1.5in cover for something. Was going to post a picture and ask, but forgot. Couldn't figure out where it was supposed to go and now I can't remember where I put it. There, I've complained. Nothing has exploded, so I'll find it and rig it back together next week. If I remember and figure out where it goes.

·
Registered
2019 159 EXT HR (3500) in WA
815 Posts
Only a couple short trips so far, ~1900 miles on our 2019 3500. No issues so far. Need to take it in for the recall and a "it's been longer than 1 year" oil change.

Worst problem is the stupid radio blaring static everytime we start it until the mute button can be stabbed. I have it paired with my phone, but it defaults to radio every time for some incomprehensible reason.

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
838 Posts
That is one thing I wish was user selectable, to tell Uconnect to return to the same spot it was left at when powered down.

·
Registered
'17 136 HT Black
244 Posts
I've had mine for 2 years and 38k miles, and the only issue that I've had is squeaky brakes. No other issues thus far.

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
838 Posts
Finally found an intermittent, squeaky rattle that's been bugging me for quite awhile. It turned out to be the license plate bracket on the back door. Good thing I found it or I might have had to sell the van. ;-)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had a few codes that never displayed as a check-engine light the first few times that I took it to the dealer for service, but they never came back. I suspect that there was a wiring harness that wasn't quite seated, and has since self-resolved w/ enough vibration -- otherwise it's been a perfect run so far. I do have a bit of a mini-freakout every time the transaxle does something weird, but I'm getting used to how it works and it seems to have smoothed out a lot after break-in. 30k miles and I'm still happy with my choice.

Reactions: uralwrench

·
Registered
195 Posts
2015 2500 diesel, 34k miles. Drivetrain has been great. Same set of lights.. no replacements. Engine light came in once.. low spooling turbo.. went off and never came back on. Recall on ignition switch and towing harness. Poorly applied paint from factory.. FCA paid for an entire side to be repainted under warranty. Lots of hoops to jump through.

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas
1,928 Posts
Our 2014 is at 98000 miles and only problem over the whole 6 years was replacing the oil pressure sensing unit.

Oddly, I don't have a lot of confidence in the mechanical reliability of the van because, as you say, you hear about each and every mechanical problem anyone has on the forum - no matter how few will ever experience it. Kind of a good news - bad news feature of the forum :)

Gary

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We had a sunny 55 F day today, so I gave mine a good scrubbing and some tire shine to brighten it up. It looked happy. ;-) My way of thanking it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts