Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to drive tonight and my headlights were out. Made sure light switch was on. I have high beams. Is it odd that both low beams would go out. Then .... with the key OUT of the ignition, I turned the light switch on, and the running lights stayed on. With those on, I turned on the high beams and got a message on my dash, "Follow Me 30s", Then "Follow Me 60s" .... I just turned the lights to the off position and left it at that. HELP. Do I need to call an exorcist ?

Amber Electricity Font Gas Automotive lighting

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
5,479 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. Took care of the follow me issue. Low beams are still out. Fuses are good. Next step? New bulbs? Wouldn't I get an bulb error message if the bulbs went out?

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
6,549 Posts
If your bulbs are good, it may be a wiring issue. Our dealer told us this is so common they keep replacement head light assemblies in stock. We've replaced the left, and the right is now showing intermittent issues.

·
Super Moderator
2018 136" HR
644 Posts
Have you check the bulbs yet? I know with my 2018, i don't have headlight fuse but its run by the relay with in the computer. I would check the wiring/socket with a multimeter and make sure they are not melted and check the blubs. Its not hard after you do a few times, 10-15 mins tops and there is plenty of youtube video on it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK ..... fused were good. It's a bit of a chore to remove the headlight assembly to check the bulb .... and it WAS the bulbs. I was not reliant on that because I never got a dashboard error message for the headlights. Got one recently for the license plate light, but not for headlight. Anyway, glad it was just the bulbs. Thanks Guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts